Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Christmas Number 1 2023

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Looks pretty wide open for the coveted Christmas number one slot this year. Despite LadBaby saying last year they were retiring from future Christmas Number One races after a record breaking 6th number 1, if the rumours are true and thr British publics desperate attempts to make them change their mind then 8/11 looks outstanding value to me.

• LadBaby - 8/11
  • Lorraine's Check & Change Choir 7/5
  • Cliff Richard 3/1
  • Adele - 6/1
  • Ed Sheeran - 6/1
  • Sidemen - 6/1
  • Taylor Swift - 6/1
  • Lulu 13/2
  • JVKE - 8/1
  • Slade - 8/1
  • The Beatles - 8/1
  • Janet Jackson 17/2
  • Lewis Capaldi - 10/1
  • Baha Men - 10/1

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
To be fair, there hasn't been a lot to talk about football-wise recently...

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Looks pretty wide open for the coveted Christmas number one slot this year. Despite LadBaby saying last year they were retiring from future Christmas Number One races after a record breaking 6th number 1, if the rumours are true and thr British publics desperate attempts to make them change their mind then 8/11 looks outstanding value to me.

• LadBaby - 8/11
  • Lorraine's Check & Change Choir 7/5
  • Cliff Richard 3/1
  • Adele - 6/1
  • Ed Sheeran - 6/1
  • Sidemen - 6/1
  • Taylor Swift - 6/1
  • JVKE - 8/1
  • Slade - 8/1
  • The Beatles - 8/1
  • Lewis Capaldi - 10/1
  • Baha Men - 10/1
I really dont give a FCUK :sneaky:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Ladbaby for 5 in a row. Buying money

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Crodo-aside, does anyone really care about this 'tradition' anymore?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I have honestly never heard of Ladbaby till I read this thread....
Worth reading up on him,, he's done some tremendous work for charity and built up over 1 million subscribers to his youtube channel. He and his wife are hugely popular, hence why they have managed to secure a record breaking 5 consecutive xmas number ones despite little musical background previously.

0_1-11-21-ladbaby1456-jpg.155132

Last edited:

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Ladybaby are shite.
Why people are not intelligent enough to donate their money to charities of their choice throughout the year is beyond me.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
What about the Beatles track? That'll be up there shirley?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They've already had 5 and broken the record (and raised a cool £305,000 for charity in the process), they're now going for an astonishing sixth.

They've had 5 Christmas Number 1s and all they've raised is £305,000? I think that tells you a lot about how few singles get sold these days and how few people give a shit about the charts.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We need a 2009 style campaign to stop the self serving parasites that are Ladbaby from making it 6 in a row. I nominate So What by Anti Nowhere League which sums up the general feeling towards these so-called do-gooders.

So what if you've raised £300k for charity in the last few years when your personal wealth has risen from £70k to well over a million in the same time.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
We need a 2009 style campaign to stop the self serving parasites that are Ladbaby from making it 6 in a row. I nominate So What by Anti Nowhere League which sums up the general feeling towards these so-called do-gooders.

So what if you've raised £300k for charity in the last few years when your personal wealth has risen from £70k to well over a million in the same time.
I am behind this.

They are absolute frauds. Can’t believe people fall for it year after year.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I always used to be interested in the Christmas chart in particular, but when the Simon Cowell machine started taking over 20 or so years so, it became a bit of a farce.
Streaming gives the chart a more realistic view of popularity to a point, but it’s daft when an act releases an album, and the following week the songs from that album end up making up most of the top ten ‘singles’.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here