Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Christmas light displays on peoples houses .

Blinkers

Jul 8, 2020
I took the 26 bus from Fiveways (which changes to the 24 at ASDA) to the bottom of Coldean Lane for the Brentford game. There were some highly illuminated houses in the full festive spirit en route in the Coldean area. Best viewed from the upper deck.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Before I left the UK in 1982 Christmas lights were things you could see through net curtains, discrete, almost demure. Christmas 82 was spent in Vancouver where the North American habit was outside lights (and some people left them up and on for months).

I thought it was absolutely magical. I have no reason to change my mind.

View attachment 171182
Agreed. When I was growing up (60s and 70s) the only real light displays were the 'official' ones. I remember vividly as a small boy in the early 60s our annual treat was to go to London to see the real Father Christmas (in Selfridges), and then look at the lights in Oxford Street and Regent Street.

Now the best displays are probably domestic ones, especially when a group of houses do it. I drove my grandson (age 4) back to his mum's last night. All the way home he was excitedly going "Grandad! Grandad! Look! Look!" and pointing at the light displays, big and small. He was happy so it made me happy. So well done all of you who have outside light displays and are bringing a bit of joy to people's lives.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
I remember vividly as a small boy in the early 60s our annual treat was to go to London to see the real Father Christmas (in Selfridges), and then look at the lights in Oxford Street and Regent Street.
Hang on a minute. The real Father Christmas was always at Gamleys wasn't he?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here