Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Christmas Day Wine List

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not just English - but Sussex. Bolney Sparkling Red is a winner, Nyetimber and Wiston Estate Sparking White.

Sparkling red, now you're talking.

My late father was born in Cape Town, had a soft spot for a decent ZA red, so I often go there . . . . But TBH haven't really thought about it yet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Will kick off with a Bucks Fizz (made with a nice vintage Cava) with the bacon sarnie or scrambled egg and salmon, then already got some Ridgeview sparkling in for that awkward period between eating and more eating, then a nice Rioja to accompany the bone-in rib of beef that’s hopefully being delivered from Scotland in time...........

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
Will kick off with a Bucks Fizz (made with a nice vintage Cava) with the bacon sarnie or scrambled egg and salmon, then already got some Ridgeview sparkling in for that awkward period between eating and more eating, then a nice Rioja to accompany the bone-in rib of beef that’s hopefully being delivered from Scotland in time...........

See you about 1 lol

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
Same as the last 5 or so years:

Start with some of this with breakfast
3d98484e98cdf615d338d7528f1cc2af.jpg

Then this with lunch

6cc80926931739e9136889ecbc611ed0.jpg

Followed by a lie down

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
For me me apart from the all important Port has to be Chablis, Châteauneuf-du-Pape and this year Whispering Angel is making a debut.

Obviously kick the day off with Bucks Fizz.

What’s everyone else having on there wine list?
To quote the late, great, comedian Robin Williams " Cocaine is God's way of saying you are earning far too much money"... I think this transfers seamlessly to your wine selections. I myself will be trying to find the most palatable wines in the £6.00 to £7.00 range in Asda or Morrisons, failing that I will be chugging Scrumpy Jack like a tramp.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Homemade "Lilt" wine
3/4 litre pineapple juice
3/4 litre grapefruit juice
0.3 kilo sugar
1/2 teaspoon yeast
Mix all ingredients in a clean Crumpton Oaks cider (or any other) 3.5 litre bottle, shake until the sugar is dissolved, loosen lid and leave until Christmas.

Homemade "Baileys" Irish Cream
Mix 1 can Sweetened Condensed Milk, a splash of milk, a big squirt of chocolate syrup, a couple of dashes of vanilla extract and a couple of heaped teaspoons of instant coffee (dissolved in an egg cup of boiling water). Transfer to a 750ml bottle and top up with generic whiskey (or whisky). Shake.

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
To quote the late, great, comedian Robin Williams " Cocaine is God's way of saying you are earning far too much money"... I think this transfers seamlessly to your wine selections. I myself will be trying to find the most palatable wines in the £6.00 to £7.00 range in Asda or Morrisons, failing that I will be chugging Scrumpy Jack like a tramp.
This is in your price range, and is palatable. Free delivery as well.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/costières-de-nîmes/p/705649418511800

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Thanks, had a look at your link, it says " robust red wine" that usually means it tastes like a Bulgarian Merlot and it's primary use is to de-coke engines of T-42 tanks..... However, given my circumstances, thanks.

Kalimotxo
75cl Costières de Nîmes (or any other red wine)
75cl generic cola
Mix together and enjoy.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

By the sounds of it you’ll be chugging bitter......

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I discovered sparkling red in Australia a few years back. It was a sparkling Shiraz at a vineyard in McLaren Valley and total game changer. The bottle & jug had a Sussex sparkling red recently that I got for Xmas so will see how that goes.

Also been gradually stocking up on some of the crazy prices for champagne and decent wines this year so have a fair stockpile. Just need a few easy drinking reds & cheap whites for my mum from a local merchant and I’ll be sorted

Also whoever recommended Bardos Romantica on here that has been fairly regular and I’ve got 2 bottles in for Xmas

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Châteauneuf-du-Pape first bottle, Cotes de Rhône second bottle, 19 crimes the uprising third bottle.
End of evening cheeseboard with a nice port.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here