Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas Day morning - Cafe in Hove?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
FFS just have a lay in. I get up at 5am most days of the year and it really pisses me off to see someone wasting the opportunity of a lay-in.

But if you don't need to get up at 5am every day maybe there's no need for a lie in?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep. That was open last year.

I went there a few years ago. Sitting in the open, on the seafront, staring out to sea with a cup of tea was a really lovely, and quite British, way to start Xmas day. What topped it all was when Santa whizzed past on a Wetbike.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A friend of mine is heading down to visit his partners family in Hove for Christmas. He is an early riser, the family are not. He is looking for somewhere in central Hove which might be open on xmas morning so he can go for an early morning walk and then sit down for a cup of coffee rather than disturb them.

Do the great and good of NSC know anywhere which is likely to be open early on Christmas Day morning?

The cafe down by the Peace statue on the seafront always used to open on Christmas morning.

*EDIT* and I see several others have said the same thing already. Oops.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
No CLIFTONVILLE open on Christmas Morning and not OPEN until 10am on Boxing Day, I find that TRULY unacceptable that these people want a JOB but UNWILLING to open at 8am so I can have MY Boxing DAY FRY up.

It wouldn't HAPPEN in Germany
They should get some IMMAGRANTS in as they won't be so LAZY. #stealingourjobs

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Would there be a Greek owned establishment open as their Christmas isn't until the first week in January?

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for the useful answers.

Interesting to read some of the assumptions on here. The friend is in his early sixties and visiting his partner's children. As an older person he is a bit more sensitive to the whole 'make yourself at home' thing and doesn't want to disturb the hosts who will have been out for a few drinks the night before. He likes to walk and cycle as a fitness thing so he is hoping to enjoy a nice morning walk with a stop for coffee while allowing his partners family a lie in and not have them feeling that they have to get up early because he has.

Some may even call it consideration for others. Might be some form of Christmas message in there somewhere.

Interesting to read some of the assumptions on here. .

What else did you seriously expect? This is the male equivalent of Mumsnet ("taking babies into Wetherspoons" is gold by the way) we have to create a mental picture in our mind or we can't contribute, take that away from us and all you'll get is "O replies" . Don't get me wrong I love a cup of coffee, Personally I can't wait till Boxing Day to see how this unfolds.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thanks for the useful answers.

Interesting to read some of the assumptions on here. The friend is in his early sixties and visiting his partner's children. As an older person he is a bit more sensitive to the whole 'make yourself at home' thing and doesn't want to disturb the hosts who will have been out for a few drinks the night before. He likes to walk and cycle as a fitness thing so he is hoping to enjoy a nice morning walk with a stop for coffee while allowing his partners family a lie in and not have them feeling that they have to get up early because he has.

Some may even call it consideration for others. Might be some form of Christmas message in there somewhere.

No I know a bit more I think the peace statue cafe will be perfect for him, for a walk and a coffee.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here