Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Christmas day disasters

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Anyone (other than me) have any?

I had to throw out the whole turkey. It didn't smell right from the off, and did not smell right when cooked. Had to improvise, but better than killing everyone..

Attachments

• 20221225_195216.jpg
    20221225_195216.jpg
    812.4 KB · Views: 115

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

I had to throw out the whole turkey. It didn't smell right from the off, and did not smell right when cooked. Had to improvise, but better than killing everyone..
We had a very similar occasion, that’s the day we became vegetarian and never looked back.

The smell of that semi decomposed bird has never really left my nostrils.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Not Xmas, but a couple of years ago I went to put a shoulder of lamb in the oven to slow cook when Mrs Wz commented that 'smells a bit whiffy' to which I sarcastically replied 'meat smells, well I never'.

Returning to the house 4-5 hrs later, the whole house smelt like a deserted abattoir at the end of the summer holidays. It took a further few hours of all windows open until the house was habitable. We had a take away :dunce:

The foxes didn't seem to mind

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Main meal for 8 all done and dusted, went to put Xmas pud in the oven to heat it through...and sat on the top oven shelf was a forgotten dish full of Yorkshire puddings. Doh.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My wife and son in law forgot the parsnips yesterday…. It ruined my Christmas.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm so upset as I'd taken the time to make a traditional German Christmas dessert.

But it was stollen.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
A likely story!! Sadly true. I played poker in the pub a few nights before, and one of the players there
Sadly true. I played poker in the pub a few nights before, and one of the players there then tested positive the following day after the poker, so that's probably where i caught it from

Ended up spending the day isolating away from everyone else

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sadly true. I played poker in the pub a few nights before, and one of the players there then tested positive the following day after the poker, so that's probably where i caught it from

Ended up spending the day isolating away from everyone else
Peace on Earth then?

Sounds good to an antisocial so and so like me :)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Testing positive for covid 1st thing on Xmas day last year, shortly before relatives were due to arrive to have Xmas dinner here
Similar thing for us last year except we were due to travel to relatives. Still did but only to collect our share of the meal off their doorstep (in appropriate containers).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here