Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Christmas comedy - this board is my last hope

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
sean lock , russel kane , jimmy carr. oh for BG tommy cooper , les dawson , dick emery

Cooper and Dawson were comedy geniuses and hugely influential.

Dick Emery wasn't and isn't.

Little Britain is the nearest to him (they cited him as as influence), but you have to ask yourself why both Dick Emery and Little Britain are rarely repeated.

This. Shakespeare does Dickens. Gets better and better.
Thanks for the recommendation. Found it on iPlayer, watched first episode, laughed lots. Funny and clever, good script, lots of familiar faces in it. That Ben Elton is a talented beggar when it comes to script writing :)

brexit

Feb 14, 2018
UK
A rare occasion for we Pottings to sit down as a family and watch TV all together - I very rarely do. What is the first thing I see tonight - Michael McIntyre Christmas show and then we switched channels and James Corden was on. Without having my judgment clouded by having watched them on TV before I heartily agree with the views expressed by many on this board regarding these two "Comedians"/"Light Entertainers".

To restore my faith in UK Comedy suggestions from the wise ones of this board as to what 30' show/episode, current or past, I should stream before bedtime to expunge my memories of this evening's TV?

How about Peep Show? In short: Mark and Jez are a couple of twenty-something roommates who have nothing in common - except for the fact that their lives are anything but normal. Mayhem ensues as the pair strive to cope with day-to-day life.It is simply funny and that`s it. You won`t believe but I have even sent all the episodes by email to my aunt who knows nothing about the internet but can open her email box. I have managed due to Movavi (www.movavi.com/support/how-to/how-to-compress-video-for-email.html) Never thought it could be so easy. Have a nice watching!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here