Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Christmas Cancelled

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Having been to both years events, I cant say it will be a loss. Both were awful, overpriced, offering very little .
Why can't Brighton get things like this right? There was much more variety of stalls in the open market offering a much better "Christmas Market" than the official one

TLDR: The christmas market in Vaslley gardens is cancelled as the organiser has quit after two years

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/236...6QdmuObd6JvfFCLVThQ70Nybpc8h6eIxoEA0WHKK918fE

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Having been to both years events, I cant say it will be a loss. Both were awful, overpriced, offering very little .
Why can't Brighton get things like this right? There was much more variety of stalls in the open market offering a much better "Christmas Market" than the official one

TLDR: The christmas market in Vaslley gardens is cancelled as the organiser has quit after two years

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/236...6QdmuObd6JvfFCLVThQ70Nybpc8h6eIxoEA0WHKK918fE
Maybe because the market stalls are run by spivs, opportunistic market traders and chancers and because the goods and food on sale are cheap, unimaginative, poor quality, excessively priced rip offs

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
TBF I'm not all that keen on Valley Gardens being hired out instead of actually being a park. The grass there was so lush when it first opened and has been ruined over the years.
And can we stop using the think-tank invented term Valley Gardens to describe those green spaces formerly known as the Old Steine, Victoria Gardens and the Level.

Nothing screams DFL like people talking about spending a weekend mooching around the ‘New England Quarter’, ‘Valley Gardens’ or the ‘The Lanes’ (when they mean they bought some artisan coffee on Sydney Street).

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I mean if I was meeting someone in Old Steine I'd say Old Steine, same with Victoria Gardens. I don't have a problem with calling the whole lot Valley Gardens tbh.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And can we stop using the think-tank invented term Valley Gardens to describe those green spaces formerly known as the Old Steine, Victoria Gardens and the Level.

Nothing screams DFL like people talking about spending a weekend mooching around the ‘New England Quarter’, ‘Valley Gardens’ or the ‘The Lanes’ (when they mean they bought some artisan coffee on Sydney Street).

I’ll just never get used to that name. I’m pleased they’ve developed a dump into tiny plasterboard/studwork apartments. But estate agents/BHCC borrowing “quarter” from iconic continental cities is a naff step too far :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I only ever go to the Boosy Quarter when I go to Brighton.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Why would you bother when Brighton laines are right there? Unless it's offering something markedly different I can't see the appeal.

Just open the German beer hall, get some decent beers on tap, put on a bit of live music and have done with it

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’d love to cancel Christmas every year other than Christmas Eve, Christmas day and Boxing day. Bah Humbug here. Trees up in November. - f*** off!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Birmingham’s Christmas market should be wearing this t-shirt

682A2CA9-4F6E-47E3-A290-BAB628A1C398.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here