Christmas: anti-climax?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Firstly, don't get me wrong - I've had a great Christmas....

Spending some very good quality time with friends and family back in Sussex.

Saw some of the true magic of Christmas in my 14 month old's face as she discovered the joy of unwrapping presents.

Eating and drinking far too much.

Received some nice pressies, best of which is the (child free!) weekend away in Madrid from m'good lady.

But it's come and gone far too quickly - I'm back in Somerset and find myself slurping a nice Chablis straight from the bottle for no apparent reason and I should be at my desk in the office in about 8 hours time.

I guess I feel a little bit low about it all really. Anyone else?

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep.

Probably the fact that after having 2 weeks off I had to return to work on Christmas Day at 8pm for a delightful 12 hour shift goes some way to putting a downer on it for me....

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Made my post about Christmas yesterday. If you read it you'll know just how shitty mine was, I just hope nobody else had one anything quite bad.

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just found the post about your Christmas.
Suddenly a shitty night at work doesn't seem so bad after all.

Guess you can't do much about your Tenko incident now, but hope things sort themselves out soon for your Mrs. :)

Heath Park Ranger

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No worries mate, things always (well, usually!) turn out alright in the end.

As for HPRFC, I set it all up 5 years ago and have played and managed ever since.
Did you ever play against us then?

Rusco

Jul 8, 2003
Always Bringing Up The Rear
You know you are the good lady are always welcome mate, glad you had a good time.

Especially enjoyed the barmaid at the Gardeners in Sompting

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
It's a natural thing Bozza. It's called Post Christmas Blues.

Basically your body and mind cannot sustain a happy mood all the time, no matter how nice a time you've had.

That's why we always like to have something to look forward to and why travel firms do a booming business at this time of the year because people start thinking about their summer holidays (to take their minds off the credit card bill when it comes in)

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Heath Park Ranger said:
No worries mate, things always (well, usually!) turn out alright in the end.

As for HPRFC, I set it all up 5 years ago and have played and managed ever since.
Did you ever play against us then?

My brother, and very occaisionally myself, played for the original Heath Park Rangers in the late 60s/early 70s.

Yorkie said:

Basically your body and mind cannot sustain a happy mood all the time, no matter how nice a time you've had.

That's why we always like to have something to look forward to and why travel firms do a booming business at this time of the year because people start thinking about their summer holidays (to take their minds off the credit card bill when it comes in)

Yep and that's why I am busy - too much work. On lunch break at the mo. Can't face going out!

This is the first time my Christmas didn't feel like Christmas. Too busy at work.:(

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's also an in limbo period until New Year is over. Some are working, plenty aren't and it's hard to get motivated until things get back to normal.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yorkie said:

Believe me I'm utra glad this one is over.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
bhaexpress said:
Believe me I'm utra glad this one is over.

I know how you feel. When rotten things happen they seem twice as bad at Christmas because everyone else seems to be having a good time.

I have had several very bad Christmases (including two deaths) and as a child too.
That's why I am glad I was able to have a very good one this time. Bad ones make the good ones better (sorry if that sounds patronising - it's not meant to come across that way)

Things will get better for you bhaexpress.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Post Christmas can be a low time for a lot of people, but I think a far worse time is early January, just after New Year. There is the excitement of New Year celebrations and then nothing.

Haven't read your post about Christmas yet bhaexpress, but sorry it was a bad one for you.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
my liver hurts :drink:

and yes I'm bored and I dont wanna watch any more damn crappy TV :angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Thanks all, I'm bitching about how bad mine was but it was pointed out to me that at least I wasn't one of those poor people in Iran's earthquake.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
CrabtreeBHA said:
my liver hurts :drink:

and yes I'm bored and I dont wanna watch any more damn crappy TV :angry:

Go for a brisk walk and get some fresh air. :lolol: :lolol:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
bhaexpress said:
Thanks all, I'm bitching about how bad mine was but it was pointed out to me that at least I wasn't one of those poor people in Iran's earthquake.

Its all relative. You can feel as bad as you like about whats happening to you. Its what needs most attention. Most pity themselves for much less.
Tragedy, both personal and social, doesn't stop for Christmas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports