Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why are they a poxy little club? No wonder we get a bad rep for being arrogant. It's only one of their fans coming on here being a dick.
Similarly it's only one fan on here saying something unnecessary, no need for our whole club to get a bad rep.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Form is a slippery beast at the best of times. Walton shows huge promise, but like all young footballers, getting a decent run of form together can be tricky. It'll come with age and maturity. What isn't in doubt is his ability. Now it may be the dodgy defence in front of him that's the problem, it may be Walton's form.. it may even be a bit of both. But one things for certain - his development will be boosted by the first team experience.

It may be of course that the club is simply a bad match for him. How often have Brighton had highly rated loans who have been total shithouse for us, but gone on to have very good careers elsewhere?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Now it may be the dodgy defence in front of him that's the problem, it may be Walton's form.. it may even be a bit of both.

It will absolutely be a combination of the two. Their defence looks very shaky, but that will only be magnified by a lack of confidence in the young keeper behind them, because he's making some bad mistakes.

Things will develop next weekend - he will miss at least one (probably two) games because he is with the U21s and L1 have no International break. On one hand, a good performance for England might repair his confidence (and that of the Bury fans in him). On the other, its a chance to ease him out of the team for a while without 'dropping' him, if the chap who comes in does okay.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Perhaps ignorant fan should pay attention to his manager........

In this week’s press conference, David Flitcroft has further backed his number one, Christian Walton and his performances so far in a Bury shirt.

After a slight hiccup on Tuesday night against Fleetwood Town for the second goal, Shakers Manager, David Flitcroft spoke of his admiration for the England U20 international and has no doubt he will come back more confident;

“He’ll learn about himself a lot. It was an easy take for Christian’s standard, but he’s not done it. However, his recovery after that and the way he’s kicked the ball, passed the ball and the way he’s come out for three or four really important takes after that, again just shows you he’s the type of keeper we want to work with.

“He’s already had game time elsewhere where he’s got rid of mistakes and how to deal with those in a pressurised situation. It doesn’t matter whether there’s only 4,000 fans in, what’s at stake is a dressing room and a football club that are really driving forward to get points on the board. When you’re in a U21’s team, them points sometimes are where development is more important. But, developing alongside consequence and accountability is the reason he’s here.

The season-long loanee from Brighton & Hove Albion has a brilliant setup in Carrington and Gigg Lane to continue to learn his trade under the watchful eye of Goalkeeper Coach, Ian Willcock and the rest of Flitcroft’s management team.

He explained; “I’ve worked with Jack Butland and Tom Heaton, who are exactly the same, they do make mistakes at the end of the day, it’s part of their learning process. Where they end up after that is a real brilliant place, but they have to come out and they have to do the work.

“Let’s not forget he’s only 19, I have to remind myself that we’ve got a young keeper here who’s going to get better and better the more he plays, the more he learns and the more we support him.

The gaffer’s last point of ‘support’ is a key theme if the teenager has any chance of coming back a stronger character after his excellent performances between the posts throughout pre-season and the early part of the SkyBet League One season;

“That includes our supporters of this club too, they’re a massive part of us developing players at Bury Football Club. The power of forgiveness is a really powerful tool to have and hopefully Bury fans, certainly myself and my staff can do that.

“You don’t need support from people when everything goes right, no one gives you ‘a leg up’, no one gives you an ‘arm around the shoulder’ or a ‘cuddle’. But Christian will get that from every single person at the football club after a slight setback.”

Read more at http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/waltons-development-process-2634495.aspx#WIRDASKptZ36Xo8k.99

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

In this week’s press conference, David Flitcroft has further backed his number one, Christian Walton and his performances so far in a Bury shirt.

After a slight hiccup on Tuesday night against Fleetwood Town for the second goal, Shakers Manager, David Flitcroft spoke of his admiration for the England U20 international and has no doubt he will come back more confident;

“He’ll learn about himself a lot. It was an easy take for Christian’s standard, but he’s not done it. However, his recovery after that and the way he’s kicked the ball, passed the ball and the way he’s come out for three or four really important takes after that, again just shows you he’s the type of keeper we want to work with.

“He’s already had game time elsewhere where he’s got rid of mistakes and how to deal with those in a pressurised situation. It doesn’t matter whether there’s only 4,000 fans in, what’s at stake is a dressing room and a football club that are really driving forward to get points on the board. When you’re in a U21’s team, them points sometimes are where development is more important. But, developing alongside consequence and accountability is the reason he’s here.

The season-long loanee from Brighton & Hove Albion has a brilliant setup in Carrington and Gigg Lane to continue to learn his trade under the watchful eye of Goalkeeper Coach, Ian Willcock and the rest of Flitcroft’s management team.

He explained; “I’ve worked with Jack Butland and Tom Heaton, who are exactly the same, they do make mistakes at the end of the day, it’s part of their learning process. Where they end up after that is a real brilliant place, but they have to come out and they have to do the work.

“Let’s not forget he’s only 19, I have to remind myself that we’ve got a young keeper here who’s going to get better and better the more he plays, the more he learns and the more we support him.

The gaffer’s last point of ‘support’ is a key theme if the teenager has any chance of coming back a stronger character after his excellent performances between the posts throughout pre-season and the early part of the SkyBet League One season;

“That includes our supporters of this club too, they’re a massive part of us developing players at Bury Football Club. The power of forgiveness is a really powerful tool to have and hopefully Bury fans, certainly myself and my staff can do that.

“You don’t need support from people when everything goes right, no one gives you ‘a leg up’, no one gives you an ‘arm around the shoulder’ or a ‘cuddle’. But Christian will get that from every single person at the football club after a slight setback.”

Read more at http://www.buryfc.co.uk/news/article/waltons-development-process-2634495.aspx#WIRDASKptZ36Xo8k.99

Exactly what Walton needed to hear from the manager, so fair play to him.

Unfortunately CW then made another howler last night. Can only expect the Bury fans to show so much patience.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
You lot should be Premier League scouts!

Anyway, what's the fastest way to brighton.....? I'd like to drive this guy back until he reaches the expected potential.

Blimey you moaning about losing to a Prem team, Have to agree with others here your username very accurate.

Dec 29, 2011

To me this sounds like 'Walton will be a top class keeper in the future, but right now he's only 19. He'll make lots of mistakes and this will mould him into the great keeper he will become'. I wouldn't be too happy if I was a Bury fan paying money to see a keeper being developed for ANOTHER CLUB

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here