Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Christian Walton on season long loan to Bury

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I'd rather he didn't go out on loan anywhere, but if he has too I can't see that a side just promoted to Division 1 and with what looks like a positive attitude is a bad fit. Hope they have a good season and end up with a healthy +'ve goal difference!

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
This should have happened a year ago and CW's development would have been 12 months ahead of where it is now. The fact that it didn't is testament to the failings of those running the playing side in 2014, and their superiors.

seasideshaker

Jul 21, 2015
Hi all. Bury fan in peace.

Some very positive stuff on here about young Christian. I really hope it all comes to fruition!

Don't get too upset about some of the comments you may have read on our message board. If you think that's bad, please don't go on the Facebook page! The trouble with some of our lot is we had Nick Pope on loan from Charlton last season who was immense for us during the run in to promotion. We've also had Chris Kirkland training with us for the past week or so. A lot of fans wanted either of these two so when a relatively unknown (to us) pops up, people shoot from the hip if you know what I mean. We don't get much info on BHAFC young keepers being so far 'up north'!

From what you guys have said, CW will be an excellent signing for us. Keep popping back onto our board for updates and you never know, it could be 'Nick who?'

Good luck for the upcoming season. I've yet to visit your new ground but it's looks decent from the telly! UTS.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This should have happened a year ago and CW's development would have been 12 months ahead of where it is now. The fact that it didn't is testament to the failings of those running the playing side in 2014, and their superiors.

He's still only 19 years old.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
They have been moaning about signing him and wanting some unknown guy called Pope, i promise you that Walton is about 50 times better than Pope could ever be, Walton im pretty certain will play for England and also the premiership, he played 3 really good games for us last year and was exceptional in game vs tottenham in the cup.
If Bury dont appreciate the talent they have got they shouldnt have got him in the first place.
Ps personally i wish he was number 1 for us this year.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It was also before he actually signed for them :facepalm:

Yes, most were quite positive about the idea of him signing for them. Only one (that I could find, the one quoted) seemed to be whingeing on about "Can't we find anyone better?" Have they suddenly done a quick turn around and starting rubbishing him now he's signed?

Edit: I haven't looked on Facebook though - as Seaside shaker suggested, probably best avoided!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
They have been moaning about signing him and wanting some unknown guy called Pope, i promise you that Walton is about 50 times better than Pope could ever be, Walton im pretty certain will play for England and also the premiership, he played 3 really good games for us last year and was exceptional in game vs tottenham in the cup.
If Bury dont appreciate the talent they have got they shouldnt have got him in the first place.
If you don't know who Pope is, how do you know Walton is 50 times better?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yes, most were quite positive about the idea of him signing for them. Only one (that I could find, the one quoted) seemed to be whingeing on about "Can't we find anyone better?" Have they suddenly done a quick turn around and starting rubbishing him now he's signed?

Edit: I haven't looked on Facebook though - as Seaside shaker suggested, probably best avoided!
Fickle football fans on message boards well I never, would never happen on here would it?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Hi all. Bury fan in peace.

Some very positive stuff on here about young Christian. I really hope it all comes to fruition!

Don't get too upset about some of the comments you may have read on our message board. If you think that's bad, please don't go on the Facebook page! The trouble with some of our lot is we had Nick Pope on loan from Charlton last season who was immense for us during the run in to promotion. We've also had Chris Kirkland training with us for the past week or so. A lot of fans wanted either of these two so when a relatively unknown (to us) pops up, people shoot from the hip if you know what I mean. We don't get much info on BHAFC young keepers being so far 'up north'!

From what you guys have said, CW will be an excellent signing for us. Keep popping back onto our board for updates and you never know, it could be 'Nick who?'

Good luck for the upcoming season. I've yet to visit your new ground but it's looks decent from the telly! UTS.

Hes a great prospect, I would have quite happily had him competing here for the no1 spot, look after him and I hope he delivers on his great promise.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He conceded two goals in the Tottenham game, which cannot be described as exceptional. I'm sure the manager will appreciate him, as the fans won't have a clue yet.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
He should be our number 1 right now, sending an England international to a team that trains on Man City's training ground puts him in focus for the one club that spends shedloads on good, young English players who will turn him against us, nick him for a couple of million & a year later he'll be worth 10...
ludicrous & disgraceful

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Is the term 'selling club' even useful?

There are perhaps 6 clubs of the 92 that aren't selling clubs.

Looking at all of Europe as a single market, maybe 18-20 out of 300.

Excellent point. Look at Southampton. The Academy produces the players you sell to generate the cash to make the club more competitive each season. They sell high, buy low or develop. Now they are European contenders in the Premier League. They would be the example to follow as how to run a decent Academy, be a selling club, yet improve every year.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In other news, Anton Rodgers smashed a late free kick past Walton, as Swindon came back from 2-0 down to take a point from Bury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here