Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christian Walton New Keeper Signed

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[tweet]302446960739221504[/tweet]

BHAFC BHAFCVerified account ‏@OfficialBHAFC
#BHAFC have signed highly-rated keeper Christian Walton on a contract until 2016. The 17-year-old completed the move from Plymouth Argyle.

[tweet]302447355729440768[/tweet]

[tweet]302447749541031936[/tweet]

Albion Sign Christian Walton

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Wot, no transfer window?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wot, no transfer window?

From the article on the website:

"First-year scholar Walton will complete his apprentice years at Brighton and turn professional on a three-year contract during the summer of 2013."

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Great keeper, always rated him.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Hopefully Tomasz will be a fantastic mentor to him and he'll be able to push for the bench in a few years, then possibly into the first team once Tomasz has retired.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I predict that he will be our new third choice keeper, with Brez leaving at the end of the season (he's out of contract, not sure about Ankergren though?)

I suspect that Ankergren will be staying as our second choice if we stay in this league.

Both Brezovan and Ankergren are out of contract in the summer (based on publicly available info; the club hasn't been entirely forthcoming about contract extensions in the last couple of seasons).

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Both Brezovan and Ankergren are out of contract in the summer (based on publicly available info; the club hasn't been entirely forthcoming about contract extensions in the last couple of seasons).

The thing is, it will be tough to replace two keepers who aren't first choice with anyone better. I also therefore think Brez to go, Ankergren another year.

screamadelica

Jan 28, 2013
I predict that he will be our new third choice keeper, with Brez leaving at the end of the season (he's out of contract, not sure about Ankergren though?)

I suspect that Ankergren will be staying as our second choice if we stay in this league.

would keep Brez and let Ankers go personaly

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I hope Plymouth have had the foresight to include some appearance and sell on clauses if he does turn out to be the next Peter Shilton.....can't help but feel a bit awkward about pinching their best players every year.

Warren Aspinall was scouting a youth fixture in Plymouth a couple of weeks ago, must have been Walton he was looking at.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
And Painter has gone out on loan to Bournemouth until the end of the season. Watch Bridge get injured on Tuesday.

[tweet]302480940574339072[/tweet]

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I hope Plymouth have had the foresight to include some appearance and sell on clauses if he does turn out to be the next Peter Shilton.....can't help but feel a bit awkward about pinching their best players every year.

Warren Aspinall was scouting a youth fixture in Plymouth a couple of weeks ago, must have been Walton he was looking at.

Quite easy to pronounce for Aspinall too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A Cornish custodian, as the Argyle website has it. I like that.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Brez will stay, if either of them do, as wages are much less.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
He's past it now. Good in his younger days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here