Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Wood - Signs for Leeds

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
That's a tricky one - and to be honest nobody in the championship as is stands out.
Obviously Zamora would be great a couple of the Derby County players - but that's it.

Gestede, Rhodes, Daryl Murphy, McCormack scored 75 goals between them last season and are still, as of today, contracted to Championship Clubs...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gestede, Rhodes, Daryl Murphy, McCormack scored 75 goals between them last season and are still, as of today, contracted to Championship Clubs...

4 strikers 75 goals? 5 strikers 6 goals, just saying :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Who would you buy ICY to solve this problem ?

I am willing to believe we have half solved it already :smile:

I certainly don't see Chris Wood as the answer and I'm not quite sure why Colunga hasn't been given more game time by CH.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I am willing to believe we have half solved it already :smile:

Player - "So how many goals would I need to score before I become a fans favourite?"
Barber - "2"
Player - "Where do I sign?"

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Player - "So how many goals would I need to score before I become a fans favourite?"
Barber - "2"
Player - "Where do I sign?"

We don't need any needy strikers thanks

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Can't help feeling Murphy peaked last a season. It's the only really prolific season he's ever had. I'm not convinced he'll do it again at 29-30.

Gestede: yep, powerful, knows where the net is and is young enough to improve significantly still. Somebody will surely snap him up.

Rhodes is a funny one. He couldn't even get into the Blackburn side for half of last season despite being one of the most prolific strikers around. The same happened to him at times when he was a Huddersfield player. He hasn't got much pace, which maybe, just maybe, is why Premier League clubs aren't beating Blackburn's door down waving wads of cash.

McCormack, meanwhile, is unproven above the Championship & probably earns too much to tempt higher placed clubs than Fulham.

I'd happily watch any of them in an Albion shirt, by the way, I'm not saying they're crap. But those are the reasons they are where they are.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Still think wood could have been a huge signing for us..........remains to be seen I guess but I would have definitely gambled on him.....

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
I think his penalty just knocked Ulloa's out of orbit!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
From the BBC text commentary:-

In the midst of all that Sam Byram and Chris Wood hit two of the worst penalties you could wish to see.

Wood's penalty nearly cleared the stand.

You have to hope that miss doesn't hit his confidence too much with Leeds likely to be reliant on his goals this season.

Perhaps not getting him wasn't such a bad thing after all!

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
thats 3m of Leeds cash down the gurgler then is it ?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Missed a penalty for us at Southampton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here