Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris to Forest

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am a little surprised that he took a job that meant sacking the current incumbent.

I have no doubt that he will do really well there too, although the owner does appear to be very trigger happy with managers, so I wonder how much time he will get.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
As were the 2 seasons in the championship recently.
Actually, they were one of the must exciting seasons that I can remember being a Brighton fan, sometimes not that gung ho but tense and enthralling and generally really pleased with the results.

Fair point. The championship seasons were entertaining. It was the prem seasons that were dull.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Forest have some decent quality Championship level players, seems all that is missing is that togetherness and team ethic. I think Chris will instill that and expect them to push on from here, will follow their progress with interest.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if Leon Best’s heart rate went up a little in expectation when he heard the news :wink:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
Years ago I worked with a Forest fan in London, and quite often we would head up there after work for a midweek match. Happy memories of Franz Carr sitting several defenders down before crossing, invariably, into Row Z.

These were a big club, and have every potential to be so again. Don't forget your SALT, Chris, and wish you every success.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Forest have some decent quality Championship level players, seems all that is missing is that togetherness and team ethic. I think Chris will instill that and expect them to push on from here, will follow their progress with interest.

What are the odds on the Albion playing Forest at some stage in the FA Cup ???

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Great to see CH back in a job. Hopefully he will manage to keep his touchline antics in check this time round. I look forward to giving him a great reception in prem 2022.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
All the best to CH, great to see him back in football

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Oh no, footballs equivalent of Mike Tyson is back. He's a thug and should have been banned from the touchline years ago. Expect a letter to be sent to all 4th officials, referees and their assistants that the hooligan has returned. Face masks to be replaced with face guards. Perhaps even making CH wear a straight jacket as a precaution.

Wishing him all the best, deserves to be back.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Good luck Chris thank you for everything you did for us, any Forest fans looking on here to see what we think we'll you have one of the nicest honest coaches in the game but more than that he knows the Championship and how to get out of it he will organise the team brilliantly and at Championship level play some attractive football enjoy

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They also have an overly old squad. Ten 30+ and seven 28yr olds; very Palace-like.

I wonder if he’d like some of our youth on loan to freshen things up?

Lol.

Best of luck to Chris anyway.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Always liked Forest, played good football under clough many moons ago. Good luck to CH, maybe will give Bong a 2nd chance now

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They have a decent squad, still very difficult job for him though as the expectations are unreal compared to what they have actually managed to achieve. If they dont reach the top 6, it almost certainly means he is out again, and reaching top 6 in the Championship is never easy. Good luck to him though, I've obviously not followed him up close but seems like a good manager and good person.

Personally I'm curious about what he thinks of the old Potter/Reid signing Fouad Bachirou. Its a Dale Stephens type of player so I'd imagine CH will appreciate him.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Oh no, footballs equivalent of Mike Tyson is back. He's a thug and should have been banned from the touchline years ago. Expect a letter to be sent to all 4th officials, referees and their assistants that the hooligan has returned. Face masks to be replaced with face guards. Perhaps even making CH wear a straight jacket as a precaution.

Wishing him all the best, deserves to be back.

Those fist pumps were pretty scary. Very Tyson like...........!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here