Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Powell

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Would be a good choice I think.

Did well at Charlton where I suspect there was plenty going on behind the scenes which may not have been helpful.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Backward step......we are past managers if that calibre, we need to aim higher.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Pros:
Plays nice football
Knows the Championship
Good record with youth
Jones will probably vouch for him
Free
Local
Doesn't seem to have a massive ego
Fantastic season last year

Cons:
Sacked from Charlton, with 'transfer issues' being suggested as a reason
Seems like he may be too nice for management.
Not a 'big' or 'flair' name

Available at 40's with Bet Victor.
Thoughts?

Hmmm he may well 'know' the Championship, but that doesn't mean his teams have had any real success in it. True that he did well to get Charlton there, and to keep them there for a season, but we would be looking for him to do far more than that. i.e. get us promoted out of it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hmmm he may well 'know' the Championship, but that doesn't mean his teams have had any real success in it. True that he did well to get Charlton there, and to keep them there for a season, but we would be looking for him to do far more than that. i.e. get us promoted out of it.

I'm not saying he's who I'd like. More that TB may consider Championship experience desirable this time around.
Complete guesswork, of course.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm not saying he's who I'd like. More that TB may consider Championship experience desirable this time around.
Complete guesswork, of course.

Hey l agree. I hope he does consider that Championship experience is desirable. Personally l think it's nigh on essential that any manager knows the division, to give him a better chance of succeeding in it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Hey l agree. I hope he does consider that Championship experience is desirable. Personally l think it's nigh on essential that any manager knows the division, to give him a better chance of succeeding in it.

It's a tough one, isn't it?
Would you rather have someone with experience getting sides out of this division the right direction (Allardyce, McDermott, Nadkins, Holloway)
Or someone who hasn't done that but does have a reputation for playing good, attacking football (Powell, Zola, Sherwood)
Conundrum. Though obviously it won't be Adkins or Holloway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's a tough one, isn't it?
Would you rather have someone with experience getting sides out of this division the right direction (Allardyce, McDermott, Nadkins, Holloway)
Or someone who hasn't done that but does have a reputation for playing good, attacking football (Powell, Zola, Sherwood)
Conundrum. Though obviously it won't be Adkins or Holloway.

It would be nice to be promoted playing attractive, open, attacking football, but l think the most important thing is just to get promoted, by playing whatever kind of football is necessary.

Reaching the Premier League is becoming more and more difficult with each passing season, and the riches that would come our way if and when we manage it, are just enormous.

And hey, l'd like to get there in my lifetime please, not my kids. I'm 108 by the way, (that's the age supporting the Albion makes me feel anyway!)

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Pros:
Plays nice football
Knows the Championship
Good record with youth
Free
Local
Doesn't seem to have a massive ego
Fantastic season last year

Cons:
Sacked from Charlton, with 'transfer issues' being suggested as a reason
Seems like he may be too nice for management.
Jones will probably vouch for him
Not a 'big' or 'flair' name

Available at 40's with Bet Victor.
Thoughts?

Edited for you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here