Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris O Grady, One of the greatest modern footballers

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Great interview. Think we need to keep him and give him a run if that is what he & CH want

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Wouldn't blame the bloke if he wanted to leave as soon as he can. He's done really well in the last two games now that he's got a bit of match sharpness and yet most of the chants still just come across as taking the piss. And as for "how shit must you be, O'Grady has scored" at the station... Well done lads, so clever. That's really a great way to get behind someone who looks like he has plenty to offer in our situation.

Bryzee

Dec 30, 2014
Seaford
He did remind me of Mark McCamon, (remember that donkey) when I first saw him play but he might come good for us with a bit of luck. Maybe its a confidence thing with these players and Hypia didnt give them any. CMS could do better maybe he needs to be sold on?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I thought he did really well helping set up the Solly March goal at Fulham - but this was a superb moment.

And it was incredible to see the WHOLE team bar Stockdale, including all the defence, racing in to the opposition penalty area to congratulate him.

scoobiewhite

Jan 29, 2012
Albourne / Brighton
Wow, not often do pro footballers open up like that.

I hope he gets his chance and proves himself. It felt as though he fitted a Barnes size hole for the angry mob as soon as he didn't score in his first couple of appearances.

Could have been very different if he scored the volley in his first home league game (shef weds I think?). Showed great technique but met by a great save.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We should have started with him today. His arrival on the scene highlighted just how poor CMS is.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He changed the game today and with a little more luck could have bagged a hattrick.

Highlighted how poor CMS is.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Poor bloke just hasn't known why he was here or why he would want to be here with the crowd on his back, not getting game time, playing in a system that didn't play to his strengths etc. needs to be loved and if Hughton puts faith in him it sounds like he will repay it

All of that ... a totally different team today when him and Halford came on. Good luck to the fella, I like him and he's far superior to any other of our options

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I feel for the bloke, it's a good interview - and we should definitely get behind him, especially as we need him at the moment.

However, he isn't good enough, he's just not a Championship quality striker... but that's not to say that he can't be useful during our relegation scrap - he certainly has my support.

If he's not Championship quality then christ knows what the other 2 so called strikers are

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I feel for the bloke, it's a good interview - and we should definitely get behind him, especially as we need him at the moment.

However, he isn't good enough, he's just not a Championship quality striker... but that's not to say that he can't be useful during our relegation scrap - he certainly has my support.

He proved he was good enough today. Far better than our other current options.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Absolutely brilliant interview. Very obviously a confidence player; "if I'm wanted, I'll do a job". On the basis of his last couple of games for us he should be made to feel wanted, then it's down to him. Judging by today, he'd do just fine. Well done, Chris, and thanks for a fantastic performance today.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I thought it was a very good interview. You can actually feel his pain. He sounds hurt

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Amazing what happens when you use a target man as a target man rather than a withdrawn striker or a ****ing winger.

He's never going to be a world beater but Hyypia completely misused him.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Amazing what happens when you use a target man as a target man rather than a withdrawn striker or a ****ing winger.

He's never going to be a world beater but Hyypia completely misused him.

But also in his honest interview, and by his own admittance, his fitness levels were low at the start of the season. For all we know, under the circumstances, another manager might have also sent him out on loan to get match fit. That on top of fans and the press getting on his back probably didn’t really help him either.

It’s too easy to suggest that Sami misused him because there are many factors at play, but the main thing is that the loan worked well and he has come back stronger. We could just as easily credit Sami for the decision to loan him out while we had Bent, which everyone was more than happy with at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here