Chris" Iwelumo?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Not sure the spelling is right but just watched my Chrissie present of "Withdean Years" and he looked far better than I remembered. I thought he was rubbish but this DVD and subsequent career proves me wrong.... what were yot memories of him.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He scored a screamer on his debut and he played a big part in us getting promoted. Also, his pumped up interview straight after the play off final was quality! I think he didn't sign for the next season because we wouldn't pay for him to relocate from up North?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
He was quality when we had him. We couldn't really afford 250k at the time though which is what he wanted as a signing on fee so was the right decision to get rid. Virgo was an adequate replacement at the time. It was the year after that we struggled after Virgo was sold and we couldn't find a decent enough replacement.

Gonzo

Apr 7, 2007
I heard a rumour that he demanded a house and car in return for signing a new contract, something we were not willing to provide him at the time. No idea if there's any truth in it or not. He certainly was a more than adequate target man for us, could really do with a player like him at the moment.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I heard a rumour that he demanded a house and car in return for signing a new contract, something we were not willing to provide him at the time. No idea if there's any truth in it or not. He certainly was a more than adequate target man for us, could really do with a player like him at the moment.

I think he asked for a re-location allowance as moving from North to South and was advised paid enough as it is so deal never happened.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I heard that he wanted a ginger cat, a yellow plasma tv, boots from sports direct and a trumpet, what do I know?

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
First time I saw him speak, never thought he would have had such a thick Scottish accent!

Think he also had an impressive miss when playing for scotland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports