[Albion] Chris Hughton - The Coaches Voice

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All managers reach a sell by date. CH had reached his with us. That takes nothing away from the fine job he did until the last few months of last season. I know we are poles apart on this but nobody will change my mind on this :shrug:

That’s fair enough really don’t expect to....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I feel guilty really as I was so relieved when he went although it would have been great if the fans had their chance to thank him for everything he has done for this club and history will be kinder to him then we have. As we all know he is a thoroughly decent human being and a great manager but his tenure was done, he had done everything asked of him but it was time for the next phase. There will be a team in the PL in need of a defensively minded experienced PL manager and he could be back to n work by Jan. I wish him every happiness and success as long it is not at our expense.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
"So the formation that you want to play comes first, and then it’s about a way of implementing that formation" is the key sentence for me in that article, and explains why he is a limited manager at the top level.

It's completely backward. Surely a really good coach looks at the squad he has available and uses the formation that gets the best out of those players? It's basic management at any level- get the right people in the right seats.

That sentence does sum up Hughton's managerial philosophy and it made him very inflexible. Norwich fans were derided on here when they saw what was happening at The Albion. They were spot on unfortunately. I hated hearing The Albion being called "Anti Football".

Personally I was pleased that Tony Bloom looked beyond Hughton being a decent, likeable man and looked at things based solely on footballing requirements. Change was needed and there was no reason to delay the inevitable. This summer's transfer window was too important. Hughton did many good things for The Albion but he needed to be replaced and for that there is never a good time.

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That sentence does sum up Hughton's managerial philosophy and it made him very inflexible. Norwich fans were derided on here when they saw what was happening at The Albion. They were spot on unfortunately. I hated hearing The Albion being called "Anti Football".

Personally I was pleased that Tony Bloom looked beyond Hughton being a decent, likeable man and looked at things based solely on footballing requirements. Change was needed and there was no reason to delay the inevitable. This summer's transfer window was too important. Hughton did many good things for The Albion but he needed to be replaced and for that there is never a good time.

Total respect to TB for never once panic-resorting to hiring one of the old lag mercenaries of The English Serial Losers Managers Club like 'Onest 'Arry or Dancing Alan. Would kill the Blue'n'White Army chant stone dead for many.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

Agree with this it was almost Hughton being a great guy made up for the shite he was serving up on the pitch. He’s a championship manager and maybe he should embrace that, we all have our levels in life.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
"So that’s it from me; I’m done looking back. Now it’s all about looking forward." Oh the irony!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports