Chris Hughton says club will not panic in transfer window

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think it is now time to panic, with rivals strengthening, and our beloved club seeming out of options. Here's hoping they are just playing their cards close to their chest.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I wouldnt be worried about Villa at all. Newcastle and Sunderland yes.

I think Newcastle will be fine and Sunderalnd.

More chance of Norwich and Swansea for me.

Completely agree, I think Villa will be in free fall and do a Wolves. Their better (rather than good) players will go to the teams just going up and that will leave them with the kids that Sherwood et al. bought in who have proven they are not exactly great.

All my opinion but just see it happening

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Maybe the whole Calleri and Bolanos interest was a bluff from Tony to make it look like to the fans that he was prepared to go all out. In reality he has us hook and sinker and not looking to spend anything at all ???

Do you mean just like the Dick Knight era? However this time we at least get names of the players that we were after?

I reckon the Hooper link could be the one, with the Sheff Wed loan ending and not yet being made perm. I think it could also tie in with what Andy Naylor was saying about there being a pause in our transactions for a while

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Do you mean just like the Dick Knight era? However this time we at least get names of the players that we were after?

I reckon the Hooper link could be the one, with the Sheff Wed loan ending and not yet being made perm. I think it could also tie in with what Andy Naylor was saying about there being a pause in our transactions for a while

Rhodes to Wednesday and a fully fit and firing Hooper to the Albion having had a run of games at Wednesday would be fine by me :thumbsup:

Is this just fantasy though????

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Why panic? We have 2 weeks until the window closes and only 1 game in that time, a very winnable one at that. if we can't beat Huddersfield with what we have then we don't deserve to be in the mix.

Also worth noting that if we are "going for it" on the striker front and spending upwards of £5 million then we need to make sure every aspect of the deal will work out. The Calleri information that has been relayed through the Internet shows red flags to me and potential problems could apply to Bolanos deal also.

No need to panic here, just time to show faith and see what Bloom, Barber and Hughton get over the line.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7246790 said:
Am I allowed to panic yet, or do I need to wait a little longer?

I think it is now time to panic

keep-calm-and-trust-in-bloom.png

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Love the guy, but can't help thinking we've been wasting our time with the South Americans...

Or a more positive spin might be at least we were exploring all possible options and making a serious substantial offer showing real intent to push on this season!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was referring to the January window. The summer was good no question about that,. Knockheart appears to be a good signing but Ridgewell what was the point only here for another couple of weeks had he been he since Bong got injured would have been worth it but for various reasons wasnt so I do not class him as a great signing or had he been signed on loan with a vie to permanent in January. I would sooner have taken a younger defender on loan with an agreement to buy in January. and for him then to compete with Bong when he is back.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I was referring to the Januaryt window. The summer was good no question about that,. Knockheart appears to be a good signing but Ridgewell what was the point only here for another couple of weeks had he been he since Bong got injured would have been worth it but for various reasons wasnt so I do not class him as a great signing or had he been signed on loan with a vie to permanent in January. I would sooner have taken a younger defender on loan with an agreement to buy in January. and for him then to compete with Bong when he is back.

It has all gone very quiet on Bong and Rosenior's comebacks. Given how slow we are at getting injured players back into the first team I don't expect either back before the end of February. Both Lua Lua and Baldock were out for much longer than originally suggested.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I was referring to the Januaryt window. The summer was good no question about that,. Knockheart appears to be a good signing .

Exactly. That's what I said.

.............but Ridgewell what was the point only here for another couple of weeks had he been he since Bong got injured would have been worth it but for various reasons wasnt so I do not class him as a great signing or had he been signed on loan with a vie to permanent in January. I would sooner have taken a younger defender on loan with an agreement to buy in January. and for him then to compete with Bong when he is back.

The point was for temporary cover to help us out of a temporary staff shortage in the left back department - exactly what short term loans are for; wouldn't have cost us too much either, so excellent value. Never said he was great - but good to be getting on with for now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Exactly. That's what I said.

The point was for temporary cover to help us out of a temporary staff shortage in the left back department - exactly what short term loans are for; wouldn't have cost us too much either, so excellent value. Never said he was great - but good to be getting on with for now.

That should have been addressed when Bong got injured. Too little too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports