Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Chris Hughton sacked by Forrest

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Feel sorry for him, but it never looked like a good choice for him. I can only assume that things didn't turn out the way they were promised.

I hope to see him succeed at another club soon.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
It’s sad but unsurprising. Honestly can’t see him managing at club level again. I’m hoping this is finally his opportunity to take the Ireland job. Kenny’s not had a successful run in WC qualifying, he’d have a strong ally in the changing room through Duffy and it would be a worthy send off for the career of a much respected manager and human being.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It’s sad but unsurprising. Honestly can’t see him managing at club level again. I’m hoping this is finally his opportunity to take the Ireland job. Kenny’s not had a successful run in WC qualifying, he’d have a strong ally in the changing room through Duffy and it would be a worthy send off for the career of a much respected manager and human being.

Agreed, as l've said on other threads it's time for Chris to sit back now, he has nothing left to prove to anyone, get to know his wife again, walk the dog (if he has one), and if he fancies it, throw his hat in the ring for the Republic job.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
He's only 62.

And he's potentially got at least 1 more club job in him before he thinks of the Ireland team.

:shrug:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Forest … 15 managers failed in 10 years……. I’m beginning to wonder something.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Agreed, as l've said on other threads it's time for Chris to sit back now, he has nothing left to prove to anyone, get to know his wife again, walk the dog (if he has one), and if he fancies it, throw his hat in the ring for the Republic job.

He may have a perfectly well ordered work/life balance. I think some of these guys it’s in the blood and the last thing the wives need is them cluttering up the house or interfering with their own schedules. Mrs H may we’ll be cursing you for posting such a thing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
He may have a perfectly well ordered work/life balance. I think some of these guys it’s in the blood and the last thing the wives need is them cluttering up the house or interfering with their own schedules. Mrs H may we’ll be cursing you for posting such a thing.

LOL LOL

You are Cheryl Hughton and I claim my £5

Forest have already had one dip into League 1 and it seems they are desperate for another

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's only 62.

And he's potentially got at least 1 more club job in him before he thinks of the Ireland team.

:shrug:

If he wants it, plus of course if another club of any stature wants him. Failing at Forest may potentially mean him looking towards Leage One for another appointment.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Forest … 15 managers failed in 10 years……. I’m beginning to wonder something.

Absolute basketcase board and owner. Think most managers will give the club a wide berth unless they're looking for the inevitable payoff in 9 months time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He was one goal away from getting Albion promoted in his first season with us before Glenn Murray had even arrived and Albion were top scorers in the Champ in those 2 years with probably the most exciting football we've seen in decades. Rigid it was not. Obviously he had different techniques to Potter as to how a team consolidates in the Prem - which led to Bloom sacking him and lots of fans becoming sceptical - fair enough.
Also - short term success ? - he was - by most yardsticks - successful with the Albion (avoiding relegation, play off, promoted, staying up, staying up) for 5 years.

:lolol:

Not interested in reading the post to which you reply but it amused to see you find nothing of any value in it.

Sadly I think he may struggle, now, to find a good fit. He's my age, and the prospect of reinventing one's self is a stretch. His rather melancholic demeanour doesn't help, either. :(

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Not interested in reading the post to which you reply but it amused to see you find nothing of any value in it.

Sadly I think he may struggle, now, to find a good fit. He's my age, and the prospect of reinventing one's self is a stretch. His rather melancholic demeanour doesn't help, either. :(

Well, hopefully for his own sake, he won't look for another one, after all he has nothing left to prove. Unless of course he is prepared to step down a division, or try for the Ireland job, if and when it probably comes available.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Ha ! I'm sure he'll cope.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Mark Hughes?

No chance Mark Hughes will go to Forest. He takes an Entourage of about 10 people with him to wherever he goes. He doesn't even do any of his own coaching. Forest would never pay what he would demand. No Championship Club would pay for the amount of coaches he brings with him.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
No chance Mark Hughes will go to Forest. He takes an Entourage of about 10 people with him to wherever he goes. He doesn't even do any of his own coaching. Forest would never pay what he would demand. No Championship Club would pay for the amount of coaches he brings with him.

Billy Davies or George Burley then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here