Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris hughton news conference

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So I assume we didn't have any going by the two replies to my post.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Devils advocate but Sidwell who still works for the club isn't going to come out and claim he has lost it.

to be fair to Sidwell hs is not so unaware that thats what people might think so ...he did acknowledge that in the quote ("I'm employed by the club...") but yep some will of course take it with a pinch of salt.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The Wolves result is a little misleading, the fact they committed no fouls indicates they were not playing at 100% commitment, yet we still only just clung on for a much needed point.
Or the fact that the ref was crap. They were trying to win, and you could see their frustration.

Izqueirdo at one point refused to chase a Kayal pass, leading Kayal to shout at Chris, who did nothing, unwilling to ask Izquierdo to do anything but back up Bong. So uninspiring.
So if you've got two kids, and one criticises the other, you just immediately do what you're told and tell the other one off? Christ. How dare the manager think he'll handle Jose's lack of running on to a pass in his own way.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yep. Accusations that the players "don't care" or bizarrely care so much that they're literally fighting about it, or only the players signed by Hughton before a certain date care (Kayal cares but i dunno, Bernardo doesn't), or that the manager has "lost the dressing room" is just lazy but understandable reactions to a dreadful slump in form and results.
Yep. We're all pissed off about the way games have gone recently, but jumping to the conclusion that the players don't care still annoys me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Think what you want ..doesn’t really bother me

Play not to lose, don't attack, don't have a shot on target, let them hit the woodwork a couple of times, we'll ride our luck, 20% possession is good. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yep. We're all pissed off about the way games have gone recently, but jumping to the conclusion that the players don't care still annoys me.

Totally in agreement that the players are trying. But the club is at such a low ebb that they are shit scared to make a mistake.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Totally in agreement that the players are trying. But the club is at such a low ebb that they are shit scared to make a mistake.
I can't remember seeing any of our players make as many simple mistakes as Stephens the other day (at home against Cardiff). He was a mess. He did actually improve, but clearly looked nervous.

Although the fans did try and cheer them on, the fans were disappointingly quick to moan each time we made a mistake, which only tends to make things worse.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Because in all the years I've been on NSC I've never noticed him post a single positive comment. Just continually slates the manager, players, tactics, the club in general. Mind you, you were rhe one suggesting fans who had attended the last few games must be stupid. Neither of you actually go to matches, do you?

Utter unsubstantiated rubbish, in all the years I've been on NSC I can't remember you not talking out your arse.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

The players care, but are being told to do the same things over and over even though they can see it isn't working.

And with regards to your parenting analogy, nonsense, where talking about 2 international footballers, not toddlers.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I can't remember seeing any of our players make as many simple mistakes as Stephens the other day (at home against Cardiff). He was a mess. He did actually improve, but clearly looked nervous.

Although the fans did try and cheer them on, the fans were disappointingly quick to moan each time we made a mistake, which only tends to make things worse.

The fans are only human, they feel the same frustration. Personally I have never boo'd in 45 years of watching football, but I can really understand people that do. It obviously is counter productive but I can see where they are coming from. Football, still, is a working mans game and our season ticket costs us a chunk of our yearly income. We're all used to disappointment and the highs tend to be few and far between. But, right now, I wouldn't go to the Lashmar and watch EP if they were playing that badly. The buck has to stop somewhere and right now it has to stop at the manager. We will stay up, I have no doubt about that, but we need changes.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I think Keown’s comments were a reflection of us stopping trying to play football - we just defend and hopefully latch onto a clearance in order to try and create something the other end. As we can’t keep hold of the ball it just means defending attack after attack.
Whilst the point at Wolverhampton was worth 2 to us, we were only a post away from losing, and that’s thankfully the rub of the green.
Need some midfielders and attackers with a bit of guile, quick feet and good hold up play. On their day we still have players capable of this and I hope they find their mojos for the remaining fixtures. I think we need at least 3 points and I don’t see these coming as draws. We need to either beat Newcastle or, failing that, get to grips with Man Utd who seem to be vulnerable again.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I think you need to re-read what I posted. I was feeling sorry for them having to watch the crap they have been served up. Again, you are fitting an agenda to suit your needs.

My season ticket may prove you wrong. You really need to do your homework before posting.

Likewise STH from Goldstone in 70's to the present day (admittedly not at Gillingham), and someone who praised both hughton, the players and the team on many occasions, including at Wembley against city. Up until about 2 months ago, I was very much in favour of Hughton, as I guess we're a good few others. If the oracle kevo wants to write from his own fantasies, good for him.

He's just talking bollox fella!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Likewise STH from Goldstone in 70's to the present day (admittedly not at Gillingham), and someone who praised both hughton, the players and the team on many occasions, including at Wembley against city. Up until about 2 months ago, I was very much in favour of Hughton, as I guess we're a good few others. If the oracle kevo wants to write from his own fantasies, good for him.

He's just talking bollox fella!

I think we're just supposed to take it on the chin and happy clap regardless of what is being served up. I prefer to be different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here