Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton, Malky Mckay, Steve Clarke,

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Some good points there mate, but for the life of me I can't see what style of play he's trying to achieve.

Poyet's-style, but with a FFP-induced worse squad?

[I remember stacks of home games under Poyet (in the Amex era) with a lack of Albion goals or even chances made. I remember the Sky team analysing it before, during & after getting outclassed by Watford. And that was with a better squad, and with the likes of Lopez and Orlandi on form. And now Poyet is held out to be a genius by the media.]

I really do think Poyet in the Amex era did some poor transfer business on a generous but precious budget, and now with a smaller budget, it will take some astute dealing and scouting to get a fantastic squad together. Easier said than done.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
What a load of rubbish. I can't think of many teams who would lose by 1 goal in the first leg of a play off and then have their fans suggest the manager should be sacked.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Obvuously the OP wants us to hire someone to spunk millions down the drain and get us relegated. Or he's an idiot. Or both.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
As much I as like Oscar, I agree with this.

We need to play direct 4-4-2 English football with an English manager at the helm.

Quick forwards, Big powerful Centre Backs and a midfiled more reliable then a wood burning stove.

But you won't need "a midfield more reliable than a wood burning stove" seeing as your "big powerful centre backs" will aimlessly hoof it into the channels.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Shorter 70% of all NSC threads: "We need a real ENGLISH born-and-bred 20-goals-a-year manager!"

(The rest are all about beer, trains and pies.)

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I hate to moan but has this not been done to death now.
What other fans forum board would be moaning about a manager who has got us into the playoffs (still in with a chance as well). We finished 6th. In reality we have improved as the season has gone on not got worse.
We have lost some key players this year, and some have literally spend the entire year in the treatment room.
Unless Alex Ferguson is coming out of retirement or Rogers or Mourinho have suddenly decided they want to manage Brighton maybe we should all get behind the man in charge.
Personally he has done an amazing job to get us to 6th. He has helped develop some exciting young players in Ince, march and JFC to a point. If there is anyone out there who will thrive in the new facilities and develop top players its going to be Oscar.
Whatever happens Sunday i am looking forward to what Oscar has in store this summer. New arrivals will be coming in and a fair few will be gone. I can see an exciting year next year and can not wait. Those that think otherwise well ......

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Hughton?.. Since when did he hold the golden ticket for promotion?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here