Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton is the country's most under-rated manager - The Telegraph

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I sincerely hope that tronogull is right about not giving until dreams are fulfilled. Articles like this are the last thing we need. I would hate to see him swan off to the Swans or worse still, that lot up in Croyden !

Yoda

English & European
England job won't come up for a while now, can't afford to make another change until at least after the WC Finals. Imagine if we go up there is a very good chance he'll stay - seems very happy and settled (until we're bottom at Christmas and haven't won in 15 games or something). Tony will presumably also be giving him a massive pay rise if we're up.

You might say that, but look at the time frames. Lets say we go up, and Hughton comfortably keeps us up next season. That summer IS the World Cup.
Who's not to say England once again under perform with Southgate and decide to change again. CH could well be nearer the top of the list by then.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Absolute garbage he is the worst manager I have seen. Please move on everyone.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I know it wasn't "yesterday", but exposing MP's expenses wasn't a bad bit of journalism for a start!.

That's very true. But in the two or three years since then they've pensioned off dozens off proper journos in favour of cheap young labour churning out clickbait. They're not the only ones of course but I just cannot see why anyone would buy the Telegraph any more - either online or the dead tree edition.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm.

IF we go up I wonder how many of the Brighton fans praising him now will be calling for his head when we struggle? (Which we undoubtedly will). NSC in December 2017 will be full of people saying he's taken us as far as he can; he's a good Championship manager but now we need a proven Prem manager like Allardyce or Pardew to save us. Got to make the change now so that the new man can have the January window to sign the likes of Lampard and Pele.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hmmm.

IF we go up I wonder how many of the Brighton fans praising him now will be calling for his head when we struggle? (Which we undoubtedly will). NSC in December 2017 will be full of people saying he's taken us as far as he can; he's a good Championship manager but now we need a proven Prem manager like Allardyce or Pardew to save us. Got to make the change now so that the new man can have the January window to sign the likes of Lampard and Pele.
Don't be silly. No-one in their right mind thinks Pardew is a good manager.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
You might say that, but look at the time frames. Lets say we go up, and Hughton comfortably keeps us up next season. That summer IS the World Cup.
Who's not to say England once again under perform with Southgate and decide to change again. CH could well be nearer the top of the list by then.
CH would bee more likely to be offered the Rep of Ireland job at some stage.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. You get the sense that they really appreciate each other and could be a team for a long long time. TB has been very loyal to his managers with no knee jerk sackings. CH has always been loyal to his teams. ( And so classy even when they have treated him badly.) Between them they are assembling a team with tremendous togetherness and dignified behaviour. A team it is easy to be proud of. Personally, I like Paul Barber as well. The three of them won't give up until dreams are achieved.

This.
:thumbsup:

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
Huge contrast with Poyet who spent every press conference bigging up his chances of a move. When it came (forcibly) he turned out to lack flexibility and vision. Hughton is a much cooler customer.

Our current situation reminds me of when Bobby Robson was at Ipswich. He only left for the England job. Here's hoping that it works out like that!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tony Bloom and Chris Hughton. You get the sense that they really appreciate each other and could be a team for a long long time. TB has been very loyal to his managers with no knee jerk sackings. CH has always been loyal to his teams. ( And so classy even when they have treated him badly.) Between them they are assembling a team with tremendous togetherness and dignified behaviour. A team it is easy to be proud of. Personally, I like Paul Barber as well. The three of them won't give up until dreams are achieved.

I like this post. And I will add, possibly the first time CH has felt comfortable with a club and moulded it into his own vision, knowing he won't get sacked for being 12th in the Premier League.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He hasn't won anything yet whilst being at the Albion. Yes we are much improved and sitting in a decent position at the moment. Folk are getting a little carried away and really need to calm down.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
He hasn't won anything yet whilst being at the Albion. Yes we are much improved and sitting in a decent position at the moment. Folk are getting a little carried away and really need to calm down.

Would he win anything with Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham? I think so.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
If you care to look back at the post when Fat Sam was selected as England manager I asked the question as to why Hughton had been ignored or not even referenced regarding the role!
Seems I am no longer alone - damn...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Arsene Wenger didn't win a trophy with Arsenal for 10 years, few question his ability.

Being a good manager isn't just about what you win it is also about your ethos and how you portray yourself, your players and your club. Chris Hughton has this in bucket loads and oozes class!

Sean Dycche doesn't and comes across as a boorish tw@t, so if Dyche can be talked about as a future England manager then why can't Hughton?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Arsene Wenger didn't win a trophy with Arsenal for 10 years, few question his ability.

Being a good manager isn't just about what you win it is also about your ethos and how you portray yourself, your players and your club. Chris Hughton has this in bucket loads and oozes class!

Sean Dycche doesn't and comes across as a boorish tw@t, so if Dyche can be talked about as a future England manager then why can't Hughton?
You have just echoed my point Dyche is being talked about because he was won promotion to the PL.. Southgate, Dyche and Howie for example haven't the experience required to be an International manager Wenger has and would of been a good choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here