Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Chris Farlowe - RIP

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Sad news. Another of my favourite singers from my youth bites the dust. Out of time, yesterday’s papers, and handbags & gladrags were three of the best songs from that era. RIP

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Great singer - RIP

This is my all time favourite music video. I bought it on video in the 80s. Chris Farlowe and Eric Burdon were an excellent bonus. Chris spoke of the Ready Steady Go episode as a highlight of his career and the magic of Otis turning up at his gig the week before and asking if he'd appear.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Great voice - saw him in one of those 60s retro nights with The Manfreds, Colin Blunstone and a stack more in Worthing Assembly Hall about 12 years back.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I met Chris after a gig (when I was about 18ish) probs circa 98/99 - he was a gent and really, really surprised I knew he’d been in Atomic Rooster… and Colosseum… he signed his then album ‘Glory Road’ that night. I met the Manfreds that night too (D’Abo and Jones et al) and Alan Price of the Animals… all lovely people.

Chris was a real geezer and aside from the time I met Peter Green (which remains a holy grail moment), he remains etched in my memory as a legend.

Rock on Chris - WHAT a voice!! 🎸🎸🤘🥁🎤🎹

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The news doesn't seem to have reached Wiki or Google search yet, but if true, then yes, RIP. Great singer.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The news doesn't seem to have reached Wiki or Google search yet, but if true, then yes, RIP. Great singer.

The usually insightful and reliable instigator of this sad rumour has now retracted his post. Not following him anymore! Good news though.

Tony Hart anyone?

:moo:

Hep.jpg

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well, let’s turn this into a celebration of life, errr that Chris is still alive…

The internet, it really is…

Hopefully someone can edit the thread title … to Chris Farlowe LIVES.

Last edited:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here