Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Evans to host Top Gear

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Sadly the program will never be the same without Clarkson. I take it Hammond and May will not bother with it as Evans is a bit of a dick in my view, doesn't he own a car that cost around £8m some Ferrari ?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Sadly the program will never be the same without Clarkson. I take it Hammond and May will not bother with it as Evans is a bit of a dick in my view, doesn't he own a car that cost around £8m some Ferrari ?

He owns a lots of cars worth £1m+

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Anyone else think Chris Evans is a tw@t ?

Yes I do.

He kinda humbled a bit after his heady days and I warmed to him a bit after listening to his audio book, but last few years he's gradually ascending back up his own anus.
I know he does a lot for charidy but it's all based around his own interests, and I find when he interviews people he's not really listening to what they have to say.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Anyone else think Chris Evans is a tw@t ?

To be honest, I used to.

When he did TFI Friday, Big Breakfast etc. I really didn't like him. Seemed a bit of a "big I am"

Now however I think his Breakfast radio Show is pretty good, and he's certainly grown up. His Autobiography is a pretty good read too.

Much better on the radio than on TV.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Fixtures !!

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?323390-Top-Gear

I think it is good news, he will be good.

Why do you think he will be good?

My 11 year old son keeps watching repeats of Top Gear on the Dave channel, I must admit I stop what I'm doing and join him, we both sit there laughing our heads off.
Clarkson, Hammond and May not only know their cars but they are brilliant at taking the piss out of each other and they can also laugh at themselves. Yes some of the stuff they got up to is silly, but that's what I find entertaining.

Is Evans going to have other presenters helping?

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Yes I do.

He kinda humbled a bit after his heady days and I warmed to him a bit after listening to his audio book, but last few years he's gradually ascending back up his own anus.
I know he does a lot for charidy but it's all based around his own interests, and I find when he interviews people he's not really listening to what they have to say.

Very good points.
I know what you mean about his interviews, it does seem to be all about him.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Hooray! Another reason to avoid a programme about cars. That Top Gear segment on TFI was utter shite

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
To be honest, I used to.

When he did TFI Friday, Big Breakfast etc. I really didn't like him. Seemed a bit of a "big I am"

Now however I think his Breakfast radio Show is pretty good, and he's certainly grown up. His Autobiography is a pretty good read too.

All of the above really. Met him briefly a few years ago when he was good enough to come and start the 12 hour lawn mower race at Pulborough and chatted with him and his charming new wife. Also spoke with him in Godalming High street he was parked on yellow lines and laughed when I shouted "you can't park there mate".He does an awful lot for Chase, the childrens hospice just outside Guildford namely all the christmas trees grown at his estate get sold and all the profit goes to them and he owns the Mulberry pub south of Chiddingfold where 10% of your restaurant bill automatically goes to the hospice also.He is much taller than you might imagine,gotta be 6 foot plus. He's alright.

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
"I promise I will do everything I possibly can to respect what has gone on before and take the show forward,"

Yeh, right. He said the same thing when he took over from Wogan. How many years has he been doing the breakfast show? It's the same utter cr*p day after day. The same 'spots', the same boring drivel day after day. Is he capable of saying anything which isn't complete and utter inane drivel. If there is a 'celebrity' who is more obnoxious and less talented than Evans, I've yet to hear of them. Very disapointed. Won't even bother giving the new show a look. At least May and Hammond have decided niot to risk their reputations despite the reported millions on offer.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I used to go to the Crown and Anchor in Shoreham High St. years ago.

Really nice boozer until he started to turn up on Sunday nights with his entourage - it felt a bit sullied after that.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
To be honest, I used to.

Really? I can't stand his radio show, last thing I want to hear first thing in the morning. I get a right shock if I've accidentally left radio 2 on.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Used to avoid TG like the Plague before and after this extraordinarily exciting revelation and development, nothing at all will change. In fact, both Clarkson and Evans pretty much in the Morgan envelope.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well that's the obnoxious t wat roll filled, who do you think they will employ as the boring old git and the midget ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here