Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chris birchall

king Wombat

Nov 9, 2003
wombat world
Don't know if its fixtures. actually couldn't care less if its fixtures so if it is then I will take all fixture pointer outers on at a game of tiddlewinks to prove my manliness....

but apparently we're after this chappy:

Times & Star

Birchall stuns Carlisle United with move to Brighton

By Jon Colman

Last updated 12:24, Monday, 05 January 2009

FORMER Carlisle United target Chris Birchall has stunned the Blues by joining their League One relegation rivals Brighton – just days after telling the club he was heading for America.
cbirch
Carlisle's Chris Birchall, in one of his two games off the bench, fends off Huddersfield's Jonathan Worthington

The Trinidad & Tobago international has linked up with the Seagulls on a week’s trial and is set to be offered a deal at the Withdean.

Birchall quit United last week, informing manager Greg Abbott that he had received a lucrative financial offer from a top USA team, which can now be revealed to be San Jose Earthquakes.

But news of Brighton’s move has surprised the Brunton Park manager, although he today insisted he was “not too upset” by the surprise developments.

“Maybe he was just upset he wasn’t playing for us,” said Abbott, who gave the ex-Port Vale man only two sub appearances in his month-long Carlisle loan stay.

“Maybe the financial deal we were offering wasn’t what he was looking for. He was talking about America but maybe he has now decided that is a last resort.

“He tells me one thing and does another. That is up to him. I deal in a straight-forward way with people. Chris Birchall has done something he said he wasn’t going to do.

“But put it this way – I am not too upset about it.”

Abbott had expected to tie Birchall up on a permanent transfer after agreeing a deal with Coventry to take over the 24-year-old’s contract to the end of the season.

The Soca Warrior is still weighing up the America offer but the lure of linking up with his former Sky Blues boss Micky Adams at Brighton may prove tempting.

“It’s a massive decision for me to make as far as my career goes and it’s one which Ill have to think very carefully about and decide in maybe two weeks,” Birchall told a T&T football website.

“I’m in a far better position now than I was at Coventry because both these new offers can be beneficial for me but I’ve got to take a good look along with my agent and see which is the better one.

“The fact that going to the US will mean I’m closer to Trinidad is definitely something that I will think about and fitness wise I’m not worried because I will definitely be active in England before the MLS season starts. But I’m heading to Brighton on Monday for a week because my old manager Micky Adams wants me there and if I do well enough in that time then there’s the possibility of them putting a decent deal on the table.”

ABBOTT insisted he had no complaints over the decision to postpone Saturday’s League One clash with Walsall due to an area of the Brunton Park pitch being frozen.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its not even 8 threads down you dumbarse :D

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I'm not really one for this 'fixtures' lark but that really is LAZY.

Occasionally people get done by a stupid thread title but on this occasion there is a rather obvious thread right at the top of the page

:flameboun

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can some explain the use of the word 'fixtures'. I've only been here a few months and I still don't really understand it...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Can some explain the use of the word 'fixtures'. I've only been here a few months and I still don't really understand it...

I think it was something to do with people constantly asking when the fixtures list was coming out several years back. So when someone repeats a thread, people just tend to quote fixtures.

I THINK that's what it was anyway, unless I dreamt it?:shrug:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I'm not a fan of the "fixtures" response, but that question has been asked so many times before ....

Ffffffff....

:D

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I think it was something to do with people constantly asking when the fixtures list was coming out several years back. So when someone repeats a thread, people just tend to quote fixtures.

I THINK that's what it was anyway, unless I dreamt it?:shrug:
No, No, thats exactly right. It is, however a very very sad thing to say. It was funny back in 2002 but not any more.
Dougdeepsleep is one of the very worst culprits !

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
No, No, thats exactly right. It is, however a very very sad thing to say. It was funny back in 2002 but not any more.
Dougdeepsleep is one of the very worst culprits !

Feel free to prove your accusation.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Feel free to prove your accusation.
Like I'm going to search back through millions of posts to prove it ! You know as well as I do you ALWAYS post fixtures as soon as the opportunity presents itself !
You LOVE all of NSC's sad little traits, it gives you a purpose in life.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Like I'm going to search back through millions of posts to prove it ! You know as well as I do you ALWAYS post fixtures as soon as the opportunity presents itself !

I may have done it once or twice in the last year. You are getting obsessed.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here