Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chopra

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
He he, I still can't quite get my head around the fact that if someone is "ONLY" valued at £1m then we should be going and getting them.

You're right though, he would be a cracking signing.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I believe Cardiff are completely screwed financially so need to entertain this sort of price. At 27 he could be a very good shout

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
He may be available for 'only' 1M, but I would imagine he's on wages that we would not be prepared to match.

Say he's on 20k a week, that's over 3M over a three-year contract.

scousegull

Apr 15, 2008
He may be available for 'only' 1M, but I would imagine he's on wages that we would not be prepared to match.

Yes admittedly £1m is still a big outlay on one player, but with Gus saying he expects to pay more than that for another player, then this is surely the kind of target we must be looking at. Good point about wages though, but surely our financial position isn't that inferior to Ipswich's?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes admittedly £1m is still a big outlay on one player, but with Gus saying he expects to pay more than that for another player, then this is surely the kind of target we must be looking at. Good point about wages though, but surely our financial position isn't that inferior to Ipswich's?

Whilst we may be in a better financial position, that does not necessarily mean we would be prepared to offer the same as Ipswich in terms of wages. Some clubs gamble on success - I personally don't want us to be one of those clubs, and the impression I get is that the club wants to spent sensibly and wisely as well, since reckless spending is a recipe for disaster - see Portsmouth, Crystal Palace, Leeds, etc.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not for Crodo, another player past his best with his best years behind him. At 15k per week thats outrageous for a club of our standing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wow! Another good potential signing, but we must stick to our self-imposed wage cap, so I guess this is unlikely... Ernie?

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010

Or he could consider not getting paid, his call. Once the administrators are called in the players are way down the line for their wages.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
To get round a wage structure. Instead of 20k a week we'll call 3M over 3 years you say, give him 7k but a 1M up front signing fee. Mental example I know but shows things could be done to 'get around' this.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Would be pretty good, although I'd never be able to see him and not think of Bristol City's chant against him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here