Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Chop Souey

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Of course things like that are connected. From the age of 5 or 6 many players go to live in some kind of macho bubble, spurred on by braindead ****tarded violence-masturbators like you and Souness, and of course that will give some players a very strange perception of reality and quite possibly turn some of them into monsters.

What's me never going to a game in England have to do with it?
Thanks for the compliment and the lovely name check.
Sticks and stones blah blah

Just need to see some proof from you that these things are connected with rape etc. ?

It seems you are very knowledgeable about everything that goes on in the world and are quick to throw your dummy and dolly out of the pram if anyone doesn't agree with you and your self righteous views.
It must be quite a sad life for you if all you have to do all day is troll around this board .

Welcome back to my blocked list.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Thanks for the compliment and the lovely name check.
Sticks and stones blah blah

Just need to see some proof from you that these things are connected with rape etc. ?

It seems you are very knowledgeable about everything that goes on in the world and are quick to throw your dummy and dolly out of the pram if anyone doesn't agree with you and your self righteous views.
It must be quite a sad life for you if all you have to do all day is troll around this board .

Welcome back to my blocked list.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

You want to see evidence that glorifying male violence while belittling women results in more violent acts against women? Heh.

Glad to be on your block list.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Taken out of context it doesn't sound great but he was making a point about light challenges. He was not referencing the women's game at all and I doubt the comparison would have entered his mind until after the time.

Last edited:

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I simply took him to mean that it was a more ‘mature’ game this year, like watching ‘men’ as opposed to boys? The mens game has been in the opinion of some a more physical ‘masculine’ game thus far. I don’t see how that can be considered offensive. If they were watching/discussing a woman’s game then I do not think anyone would be offended by a pundit referring to it being a more physical womanly game? Don’t get it.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Prime example in the Liverpool v Palace game.

Ayew challenged by an arguably high boot. Goes down clutching his face. Ref is having none of it. Suddenly up he gets as if nothing happened.

All for that being stamped out- if it's a man's game........

Strangely, the women don't do that so much.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This is nowhere near as funny as you presumably think it is.

It’s amusing simply because it’s click bait for a certain type. And of course, they bite…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I simply took him to mean that it was a more ‘mature’ game this year, like watching ‘men’ as opposed to boys? The mens game has been in the opinion of some a more physical ‘masculine’ game thus far. I don’t see how that can be considered offensive. If they were watching/discussing a woman’s game then I do not think anyone would be offended by a pundit referring to it being a more physical womanly game? Don’t get it.

That’s not how the offence police work. Offering an opinion without a list of race, religion or gender qualifiers is bound to be pulled over. And so the hysteria, name calling and self flagellation begins on both sides. It’s so very boring. And very this day and age. Meanwhile, over in the Ukraine, there’s a nuclear reactor primed for explosion…

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Weird thing #1: when Souness said, "It's a man's game all of a sudden again," who did he think was playing it before? Children? Adolescents? Gender-fluid folk? I get what he was *trying* to say (and why he said it in the spur of the moment), but they were very much the wrong words to use. I don't buy his "I wouldn't change a single word" BS, either. But do I think he should be sacked? No.

Weird thing #2: why is it in these situations that the biggest anger/outrage is from the people defending the person who was originally 'called out' for whatever they did? The person/people who take issue with what was said are a relatively small part of the wider conversation, which typically unravels into binfests such as this one. They'll probably still be banging on about it when everyone else has moved on - until the next time they decide to be offended by the reaction of someone who has been offended by someone else.

Anything to keep the world divided, eh?!

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That’s not how the offence police work. Offering an opinion without a list of race, religion or gender qualifiers is bound to be pulled over. And so the hysteria, name calling and self flagellation begins on both sides. It’s so very boring. And very this day and age. Meanwhile, over in the Ukraine, there’s a nuclear reactor primed for explosion…

If that is what everyone is supposed to spend 24/7 thinking about, what are you doing in this thread?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If that is what everyone is supposed to spend 24/7 thinking about, what are you doing in this thread?

You really do excel in being a CAUC every day

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
If Sweden ever gets invaded by Russia and they have a front line of Swannys defending their nation it'll be all over in a day or two with a comprehensive Ruski victory :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A last ditch attempt from him to get some attention as he watches himself turn less relevant with each day.

You'd probably get along fine.

edit: this was a response to THPPs thread

I don't normally provide a considered reply on a crodo thread but, top fishing [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION]. You have reeled in some Swedish salmon.

As is abundantly clear Souey meant that men's football is a man's game, which is a euphemism for fouling, flagrant dissent, mock headbutting, diving, feigning injury, getting stuck in and running away.

In men's football, that's a man's game.

In women's football, it is all the above, minus the feigning injury, and dissent. As Souey was commenting on a men's game, you can guess the rest.

Simples.

Oh, and gammons can put their glee back in their shed. Now, please, Run along now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Weird thing #1: when Souness said, "It's a man's game all of a sudden again," who did he think was playing it before? Children? Adolescents? Gender-fluid folk? I get what he was *trying* to say (and why he said it in the spur of the moment), but they were very much the wrong words to use. I don't buy his "I wouldn't change a single word" BS, either. But do I think he should be sacked? No.

Weird thing #2: why is it in these situations that the biggest anger/outrage is from the people defending the person who was originally 'called out' for whatever they did? The person/people who take issue with what was said are a relatively small part of the wider conversation, which typically unravels into binfests such as this one. They'll probably still be banging on about it when everyone else has moved on - until the next time they decide to be offended by the reaction of someone who has been offended by someone else.

Anything to keep the world divided, eh?!

It is al part of the alt.rigt agenda to something, something....attack on freedom of speach....who will be left to do the washing up, if...they are all at it now....used to be illegal, now it's compulsory... Who cares. ****em.

Souey, incidentally has a lovely beard.

I see he has now clarified. Some butter is slow to clarify. And there you have it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Surely a little understanding from Souness about how his comment sounded to some is enough? Then we can all move on from the traumatic incedent - with appropriate counselling of course.

Trouble is he has doubled down and refused to see if from someone else's point of view. So it all rumbles on and on and Sky may be forced to take action.

It could and should have been nipped in the bud, but this doesn't happen in divided 2022.

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Prime example in the Liverpool v Palace game.

Ayew challenged by an arguably high boot. Goes down clutching his face. Ref is having none of it. Suddenly up he gets as if nothing happened.

All for that being stamped out- if it's a man's game........
Indeed - and it would surely be sexist to refer to Ayew acting like a big girl's blouse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here