Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Choose one musical artist, just one and one only.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Sea Power.

Twenty years of material. Eight studio 'rock' albums, plus loads of EPs, and film and game soundtracks. Vast and eclectic range of styles, from stirring indie anthems to beautiful, lush instrumentals. Intelligent, literate song-writing - always so much to discover in their lyrics. Fantastic band.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Based purely on what my phone advises me I listen to the most, it would have to be Floyd

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Sam Phillips, US singer (is that a collective NSC 'Who?' I hear?). I think she's bloody marvellous.

phillips-183613c23c99210362e1619d7144d87bce6b161d-s1100-c50.jpg

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Brian Eno,

Even if you got tired of his solo stuff (not possible in my opinion) you have the massive back catalogue of collaborations with Harold Budd / David Bowie / John Cale / Robert Fripp / Talking Heads etc. etc.

That is before we get onto the Bands he has produced...

Oh and did I mention he was in Roxy Music for their best two albums?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It has to be the one and only Elkie Brooks for me,. (or Elaine Bookbinder if you prefer).

I do love many of the Divas though, so any of the following would be more than acceptable.

Amy Winehouse,
Annie Lennox,
Cher,
Jennifer Rush,
Bonnie Tyler,
Petula Clark,
Judy Garland,
Sir Tom Jones,
Juice Newton,
Crystal Gayle.

A little bit of country there to end with. Many more artists too, the list goes on and on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do remixes count? Soulwax have remixed everyone from Gorrilaz to Fontaines DC. Lots of artists with Fatboy Slim remix stuff too (especially if you add in his alter ego tracks).

That said, dance as a genre might grate after a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once went to a gig which with the somewhat wordy title of “Soulwax performing live versions of 2 Many DJ remixes followed by a club night with 2 Many DJs playing Soulwax remixes.”

It was a cracking night.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I really cannot choose one band/act overall. And if I did, it would change tomorrow. Maybe Super Furry Animals, Queen, Hot Chip, Damon Albarn in his many guises, Stones, Radiohead, Thee Oh Sees, Kraftwerk……

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
It has to be the one and only Elkie Brooks for me,. (or Elaine Bookbinder if you prefer).

I do love many of the Divas though, so any of the following would be more than acceptable.

Amy Winehouse,
Annie Lennox,
Cher,
Jennifer Rush,
Bonnie Tyler,
Petula Clark,
Judy Garland,
Sir Tom Jones,
Juice Newton,
Crystal Gayle.

A little bit of country there to end with. Many more artists too, the list goes on and on.

has that bus got rubber walls..??

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
As long as I can include every recording of 'Live At Daryl's House', it has to be Daryl Hall.
If not, then it's Queen.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I really cannot choose one band/act overall. And if I did, it would change tomorrow. Maybe Super Furry Animals, Queen, Hot Chip, Damon Albarn in his many guises, Stones, Radiohead, Thee Oh Sees, Kraftwerk……

Noticed the German outfit you snuck in right at the end there Herr Tubby. Wouldn't have been you without them though.

A good band l agree.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Short List

Floyd, lost interest after WYWH so it’s too limited
Crosby Stills, Nash and Young - so much material there, I couldn’t even listen to the Hollies :smile:
Dylan

Dylan wins

He has made 39 studio albums and 13 live ones, lots of choice there!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here