Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chocolate Bar Championship 2013 Nominations

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can everyone who supports Yorkie remember that the first chunk is nice, if a little rich. 2nd chunk - yeah, alright. 3rd chunk - oof, this is getting a bit much now. 4th - urgh. 5th - feel like I'm going to be sick.

How does anyone get through a whole Yorkie on their own? Wayy too strong/rich/whatever it is.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Can everyone who supports Yorkie remember that the first chunk is nice, if a little rich. 2nd chunk - yeah, alright. 3rd chunk - oof, this is getting a bit much now. 4th - urgh. 5th - feel like I'm going to be sick.

How does anyone get through a whole Yorkie on their own? Wayy too strong/rich/whatever it is.

image0754.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I realised towards the end of my post I had that coming. I stand by it though. It's TOO rich for a whole bar to be enjoyed.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Green & Blacks burnt toffee

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester

In the good old days (1981) me and a mate used to share a paper round on a Sunday morning. This included running through Sussex Heights pretending to be Starsky and Hutch alternating floors with skateboards and paperbags. Apologies if we woke you up. The climax to this adventure was a Yorkie bar. The last cube of it always made us do big "greenies". I think there was one chunk too many. Thought I should share that.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
The whole Frys chocolate family is legendary. My great grandmother owned a sweet shop, and it was her number one seller back in the 30s.

If a relative of mine had owned a sweet shop while I was growing up then I would have emerged into my teenage years somewhat spherical!

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Green & Blacks burnt toffee

Yes - and G&B butterscotch too.

I'm pretty sure that last year's poll completely ignored Green & Blacks. Was it some kind of inverted choc-snobbery?

This is a bit left-field, but I have recently discovered white chocolate Lion bars, and they are AMAZING. I can honestly say they may be the best chocolate bar I've ever tasted, superceeding the limited edition KitKat Chunky (yes I have a thing for white chocolate).

DSCF5019.JPG

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Not as sh|t as it sounds

Attachments

• plopp.JPG
    plopp.JPG
    62.6 KB · Views: 24

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Freddo.

Not good enough to do anything in these championships but good value all the same. If he doesn't get seconded can he be the official mascot of these games?

Not technically a bar but will second it regardless, the popping candy ones are really nice.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
In so far:

Crunchie
Boost
Topic
Double Decker
Yorkie
Kit Kat Chunky
Kinder Bueno
Galaxy
Wispa Gold
Marvellous Creations Jelly
Daim
Starbar
Kit Kat Chunky Mint
Kit Kat Chunky Peanut Butter
Lion Bar
Twirl
Flake
Aero Mint
Milka & Daim
Oh Henry
Caramac
Mars
Malteser Bar
Kit Kat
Curly Wurly
Fruit & Nut
Milky Way
Whole Nut
Frys Chocolate Cream
Frys Peppermint Cream
Twix
Toblerone
Dark Choc Bounty
Twix
Snickers
Toffee Crisp

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This is a bit left-field, but I have recently discovered white chocolate Lion bars, and they are AMAZING. I can honestly say they may be the best chocolate bar I've ever tasted, superceeding the limited edition KitKat Chunky (yes I have a thing for white chocolate).

View attachment 47488

I'll have to try that.....seconded. .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here