• Ripple

Votes: 21 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For goodness sake - why would ANYONE vote for a plain KitKat over the sublime Mint offering?

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
sad if Mars falls at the first hurdle but how can you vote against Kitkat (unless it's a snickers of course).

Stumpy Tim

They didn't.

From Wiki (I know it's not always right, but it is on this occasion)

"In 2002, the Mars bar was reformulated and its logo was updated with a more cursive appearance. Its price also increased.[2] The nougat was made lighter, the chocolate on top became thinner, and the overall weight of the bar was reduced slightly. In Britain, this was met with outrage from Mars purists, as in a sales pitch to local media in Slough, the change in ingredients was to follow the trend of its sister the Milky Way bar and 5 Star bars. Product designers at The Mars Candy Company in the US put this down to nostalgia over the past hugely popular Starbar, which also contained the same reinvented "light whipped nougatine"."

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Kit Kat for me please. Mars is just too sickly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
From Wiki (I know it's not always right, but it is on this occasion)

"In 2002, the Mars bar was reformulated and its logo was updated with a more cursive appearance. Its price also increased.[2] The nougat was made lighter, the chocolate on top became thinner, and the overall weight of the bar was reduced slightly. In Britain, this was met with outrage from Mars purists, as in a sales pitch to local media in Slough, the change in ingredients was to follow the trend of its sister the Milky Way bar and 5 Star bars. Product designers at The Mars Candy Company in the US put this down to nostalgia over the past hugely popular Starbar, which also contained the same reinvented "light whipped nougatine"."

I remember it well, mum sent them an angry complaint about it and they gave her some vouchers.

Kit Kat Chunky Mint, really? That's like entering Acrington Stanley in the Champions League.

I'm going to stick with Mars though, I still think it fulfils the purpose of being an occasional treat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here