Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chiropractic

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Does anyone fron NSC have any experience of visiting a chiropractic.
After 25 years of back trouble which has now become quite chronic and the NHS inability to help I wondered if it may be time to try something different.
Do they really help ?

Ta

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
They do, but you need to go to a reputable one. I used Hove chiropractic clinic in Palmeira Sq a few years back(no pun intended) and they sorted me out a treat. Not cheap, but then waht price your back????

I'd recommend the above place too. Now known as "The Manos Clinic" I believe. They also have a branch in Worthing in Warwick Place just opposite the Egremont Pub. An initial assessment will probably set you back around 70 quid or so. From then on after, it's £32 a visit. If you're a member of HSA, you can of course claim half that fee back. Sounds pricey, but well worth the money for most back ailments.

I've been using the above for over 15 years now and I'd recommend them. Just about the only back problem a Chiropractor may not be much use for is a slipped disc. All other ailments, they've always been able to help

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I can recommend the sundial clinic (Corner of Queens Road & North Road) if you are lookg fore somewhere in central Brighton

Yep - had several months of chiropractic care after a car accident once.

Be careful - you can have a chiropractor TRAIN your back to go out of whack more easily! They can wear-effect the muscles, sinews, tissues and cartileges around the spine that should otherwise maintain its' correct natural position. There is a deep-tissue massager that is rather good - it looks like electrodes being put on your skin, but it sends impulses into the muscles that stimulates and encourages them to disperse blood and fibres properly. For that there's no bone movement, you just lie there while it 'fibrulates' and works on you.

You can then help yourself a lot by taking glucosamine and condroitin, which you'll need to take regularly for several months as it has a cumulative effect in helping cartilege. And, swimming is the best exercise for building up muscle strength without any impact on the bones and discs.

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
I don't really know what the differences are, but I've been treated by a McTimoney chiropractic at the Albion Clinic (behind Pressure Point, by St Peter's church). Worked for me, each time that my back/neck/shoulder have given me gyp.

You can't go too far wrong with a clinic name like that now, can you?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here