• 130. Chips

• 75. Egg Fu Yung

• 33. Peanut Chicken

Results are only viewable after voting.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
As our Chinese friends, acquaintances, colleagues and neighbours both on the domestic and world stage prepare to celebrate the Chinese New Year this coming 10th February and the forthcoming year of the Dragon it is only appropriate to decide what is NSCs favourite Chinese Takeaway Item.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I'm planning a little party. Not totally sure what I'll do but there will definitely be some dumplings, some spring rolls and some chicken feet soup.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Coincidently, due to a lack of communication over a shopping list, I was presented with a whole duck this week.

I got some 5 spice from China Town and after liberally rubbing it inside and out I realised it was very cheap and predominantly cinnamon.

I now had a duck that smelt like a cheap doughnut.

I then had to wash the thing and found something not quite correct that contains 5 spice. If have eaten chips in the north, its called Salt and Pepper seasoning.

I then stuck an orange up it's backside.

It's now in the oven at 120c for 5 hours. I'll report back.

The issue I've had round here (I'm away) was getting pancakes. I went to Chinatown in Liverpool and all they had was a huge catering pack.

I then resorted to buying one of the packet pre-cooked things, just for the pancakes. So now when we eat that, I'll have to get another pack just for the pancakes.

I am stuck in a perpetual duck pancake loop and don't know how to get out.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Coincidently, due to a lack of communication over a shopping list, I was presented with a whole duck this week.

I got some 5 spice from China Town and after liberally rubbing it inside and out I realised it was very cheap and predominantly cinnamon.

I now had a duck that smelt like a cheap doughnut.

I then had to wash the thing and found something not quite correct that contains 5 spice. If have eaten chips in the north, its called Salt and Pepper seasoning.

I then stuck an orange up it's backside.

It's now in the oven at 120c for 5 hours. I'll report back.

The issue I've had round here (I'm away) was getting pancakes. I went to Chinatown in Liverpool and all they had was a huge catering pack.

I then resorted to buying one of the packet pre-cooked things, just for the pancakes. So now when we eat that, I'll have to get another pack just for the pancakes.

I am stuck in a perpetual duck pancake loop and don't know how to get out.

You might want to turn the heat up at the end to ensure you get the Mallard Reaction.

That's what eider done anyway.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I voted in this thread half an hour ago and now I want to vote in it again

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
IMG_3331.png

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Always, Prawn crackers, chicken curry, spesh fried rice, sweet and sour pork balls.................although not had Chinese for about 8 years!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here