Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chinatown London

I was hoping for 1or 2 reasonable replies as I havent visited the area for some years.

Paedos, Jews and Burglars.

Think about how you've managed to shoehorn these replies recently before taking umbrage at others responses to you.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was hoping for 1or 2 reasonable replies as I havent visited the area for some years.

Again BG, all the time the thread is running someone just may see it that has been to Chinatown. If everyone ignored you this thread would be on the second page of the Big Board.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
That is not irony it is rude and uncalled for but lets forget it and move on.

No rudeness was intended - I thought you were having a laugh - and up for one....
apologies my friend. i would never do that ordinarily.

Do you think maybe you should be a little more light-hearted?

Jim_AFCB

Oct 9, 2010
Yeung Cheng in Lisle street is the one me and the Mrs usually visit when I take her shopping in Chinatown.

Roast duck to die for.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Mixed bag in my experience.

You are right in the middle of the West End tourist trap. I generally avoid places to eat round there (Chinese or not) without a recommendation. Fortunately I do know the pubs :)

I've had fantastic food in China Town, but that has been downstairs or upstairs in somewhere I could never find by myself.

i've also had shocking food (raw chicken) in places I walked in.

Can't help you I'm afriad, so please follow a recommendation. Tourist trap as I said, I've had shocking burgers and all sorts in the West End.

There is an attitude there you find in all capital cities which is effectively rip them off, they won't visit again. This is why I love Spain by the way, you can find good good cheap food mostly everywhere in the cities.

The West End is the worst place to take pot luck. It's the bit of London I hate most of all and unfortunately is the place (like all visitors to cities) most people descend.

Even as a resident for 20 years, if I'm going to a show (for instance) I'll avoid trying somewhere to eat round there.

I suggest having a look on Time Out website.

Last edited:

Does anyone go to there without being utterly blind drunk

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Most of Chinatown is a conveyor belt of tourist seeking lunch. They'll ask you to leave as soon as you've finished in many places. Unless someone on here specifically recommends a place, I'd avoid it

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
I mentioned The Four Seasons in Gerrard St.

I have lived in London since the 80's and this place is one of
the best in ChinaTown - its BBQ stuff is great- but you have to
book for an evening (usually v. busy).

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Took the kids to Tao-Tao Ju in Lisle Street on an early bird deal the other weekend and it was perfectly good. Not the best Chinese I've ever had but certainly not even close to the worst - probably slightly better than China Gardens in Preston Street if you've ever eaten there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here