Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

China's reported coronavirus cases and deaths

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I guess China has realised their figures look suspiciously low, and there will be some adjustments with local officials taking the blame.

D

Deleted member 22389

Hopefully their numbers are actually that low and lots of fellow humans have been spared.

I really hope their numbers are that low, but I can't trust anything they say. It's too late now, if they didn't keep everyone in the dark at the very start the world might have been in a better place with this virus. :annoyed:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I really hope their numbers are that low, but I can't trust anything they say. It's too late now, if they didn't keep everyone in the dark at the very start the world might have been in a better place with this virus. :annoyed:

I am trying to seperate my feelings for the Chinese authorities and those I feel for the Chinese people. Not easy sometimes so writing it down helps me.

D

Deleted member 22389

I am trying to seperate my feelings for the Chinese authorities and those I feel for the Chinese people. Not easy sometimes so writing it down helps me.

Completely get what your saying.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
(putting the tin foil hat on) Either they are lying or they made the shit and know the cure.

They own stakes in A LOT of big businesses and promisig mid-size businesses.

And who will suffer from this the most? Mainly the small ones, as usual.

Regardless if they're involved or not, its a power grab.

And yes, I know Trump got similar ideas in this regard, but even a blind hen... lays egg.. twice a day (that doesnt really sound right but I'm waiting for my morning coffee to get done so bare with me).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As well as the deaths that Wuhan forgot to report, China have also announced 351 new cases today. Given that no one in China has the virus anymore (with all new cases attributed to people arriving from overseas), how the hell have 351 people become infected?

It's almost like they're making it all up.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Plenty of people on here have been accusing the UK and others of fudging the numbers as well. So why can't they?
So what numbers do you think the UK have fudged?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Plenty of people on here have been accusing the UK and others of fudging the numbers as well. So why can't they?

I wouldn't say plenty. There's always one or two that refuse to believe anything the Govt tells them - it would be the same whichever party was in power (just different people).

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I am not saying they have. I am just making the comment that there is another thread on here where people are accusing the UK and others of fudging numbers.
Well I assume you're not just joking, and you're actually likening the reporting of cases and deaths in the UK, to the same in China. The virus started in China, so it spread there more than here. China has a population 20 times the size of the UK's, and the yet UK reported 4 times as many deaths from the virus. Would China lie? Well they made the leading doctor who discovered the virus lie, and pretend it was all fine.

I'm calling out China because a) it's obvious they're lying and b) their lies have lead to the virus spreading more rapidly around the rest of the world, which has clearly meant more people dying as a result.

While other countries (like Iran and Russia) are under-reporting their figures, that isn't leading to the deaths of people in other countries, so it's not such a criminal offence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think we should wait until we have solved the problem before starting to throw shit about over blame.
Why? People are dying now. People should know what the government of China have done.

Also, we should collect the evidence required first before we blame people based on speculation.
The evidence that you would want is in China, and they'll never let you have it.

I find your last point a little disturbing: it is ok to lie and cause the deaths of people in your own country? But to lie and cause deaths outside it is bad?
No, because that's not what it means. If an individual government deliberately under-reports it's cases and deaths, but at the same time does what's best to keep its own citizens alive, then it's not causing deaths. If a government deliberately allows people in its own country to die, of course that is awful. However, due to the numbers involved, it is still worse to allow the same to happen to all other countries.

Also, how do you know the way countries reported things did not cause deaths? It is pure speculation at this point.
It will always be speculation to some extent, all figures will never be known. We know enough now to know that China's reporting lead to other countries keeping their borders with China open longer than they should have, and under-preparing for the virus. Which other countries' reporting are you suggesting caused deaths around the globe?

All what you say could be true. But we should wait until we know before we accuse.
Some will never be satisfied that they're sure. I am sure.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think we should wait until we have solved the problem before starting to throw shit about over blame. Also, we should collect the evidence required first before we blame people based on speculation.

I find your last point a little disturbing: it is ok to lie and cause the deaths of people in your own country? But to lie and cause deaths outside it is bad? Also, how do you know the way countries reported things did not cause deaths? It is pure speculation at this point.

All what you say could be true. But we should wait until we know before we accuse.

Double standards:

China - let’s collect the evidence, not speculate.

UK - then you accuse our authorities of lying and causing deaths. Why not follow your own rulebook (above) of waiting, collecting the evidence and not speculating?

Do you like our country? To give time for a quite literally murderous single party dictatorship, over your democratic home, is irrational.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here