Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

China's reported coronavirus cases and deaths

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Knowing what the Chinese government have or haven't done is not going to stop people from dying now.
Yes, fair enough. But I'm annoyed at what they've done, so I'm bitching about it.

We are better off using precious resources solving the issue not finding the blame at the moment.
Yes, but you and I are not the precious resources needed to fight the virus, so we can spend our time chewing the fat.

I would say that any country under-reporting is causing deaths outside as what other countries do is dependent to some extent on what is happening and how it is progressing elsewhere.
Not with all countries. Our government are looking at what's happening in Italy, Spain, France, Germany, etc, sharing data and hoping to learn. They aren't wasting their time looking at Iran or Russia's numbers. They were, unfortunately, looking at China's numbers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is fine unless Italy or Spain etc are found to be fudging numbers.
Yes, and if it looks like they've deliberately covered up a hundred thousand deaths, I'll react badly to that too. But it doesn't look like they have. Although Italy has it's issues with objectivity, it appears they've been quite open about how the virus tore them a new one. I imagine it is largely thanks to them that the UK brought in some of the measures we did, when we did, and we'd be looking at more deaths had their results not frightened us.

That is what I mean. Basically, openly reporting what you know and don't know is vital and numbers should not be fudged or massaged politically as it could have devastating affects elsewhere.
I agree, accept that I believe you have an added responsibility when the virus starts in your country. It is your job to stop it spreading to the rest of the world, and if that fails it's then your job to at least prepare the rest of the world for what's coming, as best you can.

I am no fan of the Russian government (that is some understatement), but I don't believe their reporting is affecting the rest of the world in the same way as China's reporting is, so I'm just not bothered about what they're saying.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here