Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chillys Water Bottles

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Ill make you an offer - I will give you all of the money, but I want 245% of your company.

p01cyc7n.jpg

Last edited:

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
Here's a reply from them (in response to thermos related comments):

'the technology behind them is similar, but Chilly's Bottles are aimed much more at the everyday reusable water bottle market, than the hot drinks thermos market. Generally, thermos flasks are larger, and quite cumbersome to use, Chilly's are able to fit into most bags, and are a lot more stylish and practical for normal use! Thanks for your interest in Chilly’s!!'

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
My Wife's got a small coloured flask like that but I told her to take it back to the shop as it keeps making a funny vibrating noise.

I must say 24 hours is pretty impressive, can thermos make that claim ???

It is, but is there a need for it is what I would ask.

The only possible market I can think of for something like this is fishermen, and judging by the ones I know they would rather take a small stove for hot drinks.

I do wish them luck though, always nice to see people having a go.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
eek, just saw they are all steel inside....drinking water out of metal is rank.....go with the purple clay inner bottles from China.....

for me, water needs to be drunk out of glass or clay....plastic or metal is rank.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
eek, just saw they are all steel inside....drinking water out of metal is rank.....go with the purple clay inner bottles from China.....

for me, water needs to be drunk out of glass or clay....plastic or metal is rank.

I can handle plastic but you're right, Metal has that strange taste to it...

In general, there is no such thing as a new idea.

Often, the innovations we see are refreshes of old ideas, perhaps made better like Dysons, but could just be a good marketing idea, like Innocent Smoothies.

The secret will be in the marketing. The name, logo and design suggests to me that they have a pretty marketable product. The issue will be how much margin they have to give away to get it on shop selves and how much marketing money they have. Regrettably, I would suggest that unless they can get some heavy-hitters behind it, it will be another good idea petty well-, but not fully-executed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here