Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

child friendly pub or restraunt in brighton?

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
can anyone recommend anywhere good to take my missus and and our kids (a seven and two year old) for a meal tonight in or around brighton or hove

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
can anyone recommend anywhere good to take my missus and and our kids (a seven and two year old) for a meal tonight in or around brighton or hove

Tin Drum on Seven Dials/5 ways/Kemptown are child friendly and nice food.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
You could always use the Sportsman as childrens menus and a play area for the little ones. The food might not be top nosh but the kids will enjoy it.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
oh, if you choose the 7 dials one, might be worth calling and checking they are doing food. I walked past this morning and noticed they didnt have their menu in their window like they usually do and had a sign up for a sous chef

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
As much as I like the Tin Drum, calling the Fiveways one 'child friendly' is pushing it a bit.

These days, especially on Fridays, it's laden with the overspill from the Stanmer Park Tavern next door who want something a bit 'clawssy'. Nice.

Don't go to the Fiveways one much, I assumed it would be like Seven Dials. Always kids knocking around in there. Stanmer park spilllover? Nice!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't go to the Fiveways one much, I assumed it would be like Seven Dials. Always kids knocking around in there. Stanmer park spilllover? Nice!

I'm going to sound like a shocking snob now, Fiveways is a weird area in as much as it's on the cusp of two social groups. To the west of Fiveways is the upwardly aspirational areas of Preston Drove, Stanford Avenue, Southdown Avenue - with people who have moved down from London etc - and all streets inbetween. To the east is Hollingdean. For the locals.

So the decor and food is like the one at Seven Dials, definitely 'aspirational'. The clientele, however...

I think I'll stop my snobbery there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here