Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chicksen?

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
First half I thought he was decent. Made a key instinct block in the box that would have likely gone in. Agree with most, we do need another fullback, as the 3 we have at the moment do not fit into Sami's wingback system.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wasn't him giving the winger too much space the main reason they scored. Too lightweight & lacks confidence - average lg 1 at best IMO

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Chicksen shouldn't be number one choice LB , what made it worse was Hughes covering when Chicksen was out of position and not doing it very well.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Doesn't the new system rely on 3 cbacks? GG, Hughes and I guess Ince are the main defence with wing backs the ones doing the attacks? In this system the defending is tracking back and less that of a proper LB? Or am I missing something? If that is the case why not have KLL as LB?

He's a good athlete but seems to lack confidence big time. Doesn't seem to have made any progress in his year here.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If John Arne Riise is still a free-agent, I would snap him up! Suits the Wing-Back role that Sami is trying to play too.

He's 34. Do you really think he has 8 miles or so in him every game? Calde and Bruno are both younger and I'm not convinced they can do it effectively.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He'll be gone at the end of the season. We should spend to get someone in.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Chicksen played the whole season for MK Dons before joining us; should not need to go on loan again. He is either good enough now or not.

Did not do his pre-match confidence any good by Sami saying he needed to improve his game.

richboy1

Aug 14, 2012
I've seen the football league show, must have been a great game to come up with all those action clips. He probably should have stopped the cross. It's a difficult one, if we had a winger that could ever deliver a cross like that he would brilliant as a posed to playing against poor full backs. Once the ball comes in the centre backs should make a better fist of blocking the forwards.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
Got a 7 rating in the football league paper . OK I know! 'Put in a great shift and at times was playing almost as a winger'. Not sure who writes this stuff but imagine they were at the game and might indicate better than some think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You never forget how to ride a bike just not able to do it for so long you get older. In his case he would probably be good for 80 mins by which time we would hopefully be well in control.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here