Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chesterfield v Swindon Town JPT Final

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
This game is shocking....reminds me of our play off final.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Come on the town - what a coup for Di Canio - top of the league and a Wembley final in his debut managerial season.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Well I could've put that away, same with his first one.
Doesn't make up for the fact he probably shouldn't have been on the pitch.

LOL, dunno about your first claim, but agree with the last

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
makes you want to be their in a couple of months playing for promotion after seeing wembley in the sun with all the excitement...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Well... let's console ourselves in the fact that Chesterfield are deep in the doggy's in League 1.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Disappointed for my Swindon affiliation. 2 visits to Wembley, 2 defeats without scoring. Didn't watch the game, but she said it was dire and that they didn't deserve to win. No worse place to lose than Wembley.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny really, as it was one of those games where, if pressed, I would probably hope for both teams to lose.

Can't bring myself to care too much these days, but still. On the whole, I'm possibly slightly happier to see Chesterfield won, as they were all but ignored in the build up, such was the media obsession with Di Canio.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Funny really, as it was one of those games where, if pressed, I would probably hope for both teams to lose.

Can't bring myself to care too much these days, but still. On the whole, I'm possibly slightly happier to see Chesterfield won, as they were all but ignored in the build up, such was the media obsession with Di Canio.

Agreed. Di Canio is rather like a lower league Poyet lite with a slightly maniacal element thrown in. Doing well at Swindon though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here