Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cherry picking players from relegated teams

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Livramento for sure. Played his first 13 mins today in over a year. Looked sharp, got tricky quick feet and pace. Desperately need another RB and at 20, young enough to get the full RDZ treatment.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OK, so only Saints are down so far but who would you like us to try and pick up from them and the other three candidates?

I’d be pleased to see us get Walker Peters and Livramento from Saints, in fact I’d like it alot
No. They are mostly shit, which is why then went down. Ward-Prowse? Prefer Dave Prowse.

We are fishing in the successful ponds now.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think McKennie of Leeds is an excellent player and we are linked with him. I would be pleased with that.

I would also take Patterson of Everton, I saw quite a lot of him when he played up in Scotland and he’s going to be an outstanding player.

From Leicester I think most of their best players will be beyond our budget, I would like Harvey Barnes though I suspect we could not afford him.
Harvey Barnes or Mitoma think I’d rather have Mitoma every day of the week. Adingra is meant to be as good as Mitoma according to Union fans interesting for next season.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Livramento for sure. Played his first 13 mins today in over a year. Looked sharp, got tricky quick feet and pace. Desperately need another RB and at 20, young enough to get the full RDZ treatment.
Wasn’t he still tied up with Chelsea with a buy back clause?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It doesn’t help though as confidence goes for a burden, see Gilmour and it can be a long way back.

It also doesn’t make them a world beater either.

As per my response to Icy, we are at a different table now, and the question should always be (IMO), does player X - improve on our existing player?

For me I don’t think anyone out their did today - just an opinion 😃
This.

If you are walking home after a nice meal, you don't make a bee line for Macky D's bins just because you've spotted that it's end of day chucking out time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Gnoto of Leeds would be my choice
With all the chat about Dublin, did you notice his name is an anagram of O'Tong?

Sing him up!

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I actually think Southampton have 3 or 4 very decent PL level players.

They are far from the worst team we've had down here.

Livramento I reckon is the one they fear losing.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Wasn’t he still tied up with Chelsea with a buy back clause?

Does ring a bell. They'll sell him as he's too good for the Championship but you can't see him going back to Chelsea on their first refusal option with their squad So could mean he'll be free of a Chelsea anchor with a new contact at a club .

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I think JWP is hugely overrated. Excellent set piece taker but wouldn't be worth what it would take to get him. Livramento would be worth the risk I think.

Barnes is probably unrealistic, but I'd love to see us go in for Patson Daka if Leicester go down. Maybe Castagne as well. Wouldn't want any from Leeds/Everton.

Last edited:

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
I believe WP might be a punt at 100k or maybe that's too much to pay for him anyway he delivered a decent corner today

Sepulveda

Notts County's younger cousins' fan
Mar 19, 2023
Northern Italy
Gnoto of Leeds would be my choice
That would be great for him as he could really develop under De Zerbi, but you've already got your share of wingers (unless you lose them in the summer of course) and he might cost you too much as I think some other PL clubs might also be interested

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Demairi Gray always seems to play well against us, Livremento looked to be the first player I’ve seen for a while that can hold up Mitoma, Lavia looked ok but completely disinterested today.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Looking at realistic signings (ie, not £100k/wk). Livramento or Justin or Patterson for right back, I thought Bazuna was very highly rated goalkeeper (but has been dropped) Lavia (supposedly on Liverpool radar - wasn’t 100% impressed today) , Gnoto, Onano (although he might be big money) and based on FM23 - Archie Gray (grandson of Frank) at Leeds is a must even if he hasnt played for them yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here