Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cheltenham

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I have always said that horse racing is fine on one condition , if the horse has to be put down so does the owner the trainer and the jockey . That way everyone takes the same risk , if you don`t want to die don`t put the horse at risk , unbelievably F*****g simple . It`s a true sign of what a shite species we are that would take pleasure from the suffering of animals . Humans on the other hand , have a sport and kill as many as you like , they wont be missed , certainly by the horses .

And the National Hunt fraternity are a bunch of oddballs.Racegoers, trainers and their staff.
I don't know how many have been to National Hunt races but I used to live in Ascot and I went to a few but my local bar was in the high street so they would be in there on race days.
Very strange people and different to flat racegoers.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Being at Goodwood and watching Frankel win The Sussex Stakes twice counts as my favourite sporting events outside of The Albion......
I’m talking of being at the event of course....

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I have always said that horse racing is fine on one condition , if the horse has to be put down so does the owner the trainer and the jockey . That way everyone takes the same risk , if you don`t want to die don`t put the horse at risk , unbelievably F*****g simple . It`s a true sign of what a shite species we are that would take pleasure from the suffering of animals . Humans on the other hand , have a sport and kill as many as you like , they wont be missed , certainly by the horses .

This.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Envoi Allen goes down quicker than Ruby Allen from EastEnders. That opener sucks for punters on the start of day three. Plenty of acca's bust already.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I hope the young punter who was due to win over half a million pounds lost the lot when Envoi Allen was brought down this afternoon.

Betfair offered him £275,000 which was an extremely generous offer and one he should have snapped their hand off for last night. Anything can happen in jump racing and it would have been foolish to let that amount of money ride when he only staked a fiver. I expect we'll find out soon what his decision was........

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
In one of yesterdays races a horse fell, then it got up and caught up with the other horses, jumped every fence and won.
It should have been declared the winner in my book, its just not fair.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I hope the young punter who was due to win over half a million pounds lost the lot when Envoi Allen was brought down this afternoon.

Betfair offered him £275,000 which was an extremely generous offer and one he should have snapped their hand off for last night. Anything can happen in jump racing and it would have been foolish to let that amount of money ride when he only staked a fiver. I expect we'll find out soon what his decision was........

He struck a deal pre race and cashed out for around 200k. Fair play to him.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

He partially cashed out. He took back £250k. If EA had won, he'd have taken another £72k.

[tweet]1372456530872786946[/tweet]

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Is Cheltenham just this week?

I'll be glad when every other advert isn't a betting company ramming Cheltenham down your throat. Betting adverts are bad enough as it is, but Cheltenham ones are a whole new level of awful. There's even one which tries make out Cheltenham is like Christmas. Yeah, Christmas for the betting companies maybe.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's turning out to be a bloodbath for punters this year with favourite after favourite getting turned over. The average winning odds for each race are around 14/1.

I was looking at that acca that the punter 'cashed out' on. How on earth do you back a winner at 25/1 and then decide on a ropey heavy odds on shot the next day (although he claimed he got 9/2 last summer?) I detect an air of bullshit in some of the numbers but as it's on the front page of the Sun today, it must be true? ??? :laugh:

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Is Cheltenham just this week?

I'll be glad when every other advert isn't a betting company ramming Cheltenham down your throat. Betting adverts are bad enough as it is, but Cheltenham ones are a whole new level of awful. There's even one which tries make out Cheltenham is like Christmas. Yeah, Christmas for the betting companies maybe.

Yep, that ‘Cheltmas’ ad will ensure I never bet with MansionBet ever.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It's turning out to be a bloodbath for punters this year with favourite after favourite getting turned over. The average winning odds for each race are around 14/1.

I was looking at that acca that the punter 'cashed out' on. How on earth do you back a winner at 25/1 and then decide on a ropey heavy odds on shot the next day (although he claimed he got 9/2 last summer?) I detect an air of bullshit in some of the numbers but as it's on the front page of the Sun today, it must be true? ??? :laugh:

It’s an Ante Post bet. He picked all 4 horses before who was racing was even announced.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Here's the bet slip.

[tweet]1372198748240162819[/tweet]

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton

Why dont you just stick to talking about subjects that you know something about ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here