Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Cheltenham Town

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Will Cam Peupion be the man to end the drought?

Looks like he's made a few appearances but not sure if they've been starts or minutes off the bench. Just asked my man in Cheltenham for an update.
Just off the bench, I think - don't think he's started yet.
I’ve lived here for 12 years now and will be going to my first CTFC game of the season tonight - surely….surely I bring a goal along!

My first visit (2001 I think?) was the game the burger bar caught fire. That wasn’t so much of an away end then, more a few steps and a tiny roof. They’re record against us at home was pretty decent I believe
Still no Peupion - on the bench again.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
1-0 down already :lolol:

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Come on Cheltenham. I’ve got both teams to score!!!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
How can Peupion not get a game for this lot? Thought he was really highly regarded and obviously made some prem apps last season.
He made ONE PL appearance - coming on as an 85th minute sub at Newcastle when we were "down to the bare bones".

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
He made ONE PL appearance - coming on as an 85th minute sub at Newcastle when we were "down to the bare bones".
Good point. Still thought he was highly regarded nevertheless, surprised he's not getting more game time if they're that terrible

slimes

Aug 23, 2011
cheltenham
I live in Cheltenham.
Last year Alfie May scored bags of goals for them but Charlton athletic now have him.
Darrell Clarke has been appointed new manager 3 days ago.. so hopefully he can turns things around and start to Peupion.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Lost 0-2. Eleven league games without a goal and counting.

The only goal they've scored all season in any competition was in a 4-1 defeat in the EFL Trophy against Bristol Rovers.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
They really were terrible, had a few spells of pressure but never looked like scoring.

Cam came on second half but the game looked far too physical for him, few nice touches but knocked off the ball frequently.

Derby Saturday, can genuinely see them grabbing 1 in a 5-1 defeat….

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I remember watching Martin Devaney in some match or other and thinking he looked like one of the best players in the solar system. That's basically my only Cheltenham memory.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cannot remember the season, but Chelnam were 2-0 up at78 mins and belting out “taxi for McGhee(?)” but we got two for the draw. We could well play them in the undefined future, but I doubt I’ll go.
Jan 2009 (thanks to HKFC’s link above) Forster 78 and Hinshelwood 90

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They really were terrible, had a few spells of pressure but never looked like scoring.

Cam came on second half but the game looked far too physical for him, few nice touches but knocked off the ball frequently.
That doesn't sound too promising - he's 21, so hardly a kid any more. Let's hope he can bulk up a bit (with some work in the gym, not with pies!) if that's what's needed.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Having checked, I wasn't far off - we actually played them NINE times in 2 years, between Dec 2006 and January 2009!

In 2007/08, we played them five times, including an incredible THREE TIMES IN TEN DAYS in November...

10.11.07 Cheltenham 1 - 1 Albion (FA Cup)

14.11.07 Albion 4-1 Cheltenham (JPT)

20.11.07 Albion 2-1 Cheltenham (FA Cup replay)

I remember for this game there was less than 40 away fans. And fair play to them.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Mate of mine co-owned the Concorde at the time and Stiff Little Fingers played the night before. We'd been there all afternoon watching them sound check and "helping" setting up the bar (by sampling most of it). I ended up kicking on all the way through so come 3pm the following day having a kip in the park listening to the jazz festival was far more appealing. I ended up falling asleep with my hands behind my head and got sunburnt on the inside of my arms.

That was also the game we met a lad who used to post on here under the name Strike (dunno if he still posts or not. I know he is still around as I've bumped into him a few times when he's been groundhopping) as we had a spare train ticket so he travelled down with us. When we got to the first pub he went into the toilet and came out dressed as a woman.....you can take the boy out of Brighton and all that
He’s still about 🤣

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here