Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheltenham Festival

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
It's now three weeks away and I just got some good news.
Cheltenham Festival said:
Dear William:

Thank you for your recent application for media accreditation for The Festival 2011 at Cheltenham Racecourse. We have determined the following:

William TOPPS - Approved

We will be sending media passes in the next few days.

Anyone else going? I know Scotty Mac is.

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
I'll be there on St Patricks Day and can't wait!

The Champion Hurdle and Gold Cup are pretty open and for the first time in years I haven't got a 'banker' or two lined up...

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
world hurdle

i see this grey beating big bucks in this race grand cruw i think thats the spelling not sure i see this horse dot up convincingly last time at cheltenham will take some catching.....

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
cant wait,would have started a thread myself in a few weeks! il be there Friday and generally drinking,betting and larging to around Cheltenham on the thursday:banana:

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
cant wait. cant also go this year but you're never far away from a bookies...

chops

Egg chaser & hack
Jan 4, 2011
Christchurch, NZ
i see this grey beating big bucks in this race grand cruw i think thats the spelling not sure i see this horse dot up convincingly last time at cheltenham will take some catching.....

Grand Cru... prices were slashed on him a few weeks back after a very impressive outing in the Cleeve hurdle. I'm off to a festival preview day at his stables on Tuesday - if I can get away from the office. David Pipe's stables are about 10 miles from here.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Sadly I am not going down there this year, but the annual emptying of the £2 coin jar Cheltenham Gambling Fund has taken place and I am delighted to report that I have £282 to fritter away at the bookies and down the pub over the four days of the festival.

Next task is to listen to the Radio 5 Live preview on Monday night and then let battle commence.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'm going on a company thing on the paddy's day, nice food in one of the marque's and free booze.

Mtoto

Sep 28, 2003
Even the trainer of So Young hasn't made his mind up yet. Will be either the Supreme (first race on Tuesday) or the Neptune (second on Wednesday).

@Chops In case you weren't aware, the media pass will let you walk the course before racing should the mood take you. Can heartily recommend it if you haven't done it before, particularly on the first morning if the weather is good. The Irish press conference at 11 on the first day is usually worth a visit too, though they may not be too lavish with hospitality this year what with their economy being up the spout 'n' all. Good chance to grab some words from trainers and jox, if that's what you're there for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here