Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cheltenham Festival 2023

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Couldn't find a free to play fantasy game for this year but there are plenty of pay to play ones available out there,if anyone has any nailed on dead certs or lucky pins please post them here 👍

My fancy ( not tip) for tomorrow is in the first race 13.30 Inthepocket , if that places then a flutter E/W on Fils De Roi @50s in the 16.50

Apologies if horse racing isn't your thing don't bore the tits off people that do like it on here perhaps start your own thread about it thanks Hun x

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
Suited and booted on the early morning train to Cheltenham… and arriving home on the late night train. Long day but worth it, taking my horse mad daughter out of school for the day as well.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
What I will probably select -

1.30 no bet, want to see how the ground is
2.10 El Fabiolo
2.50 Monbeg Genius
3.30 hope Constitution Hill routs them and becomes the top rated hurdler in history
4.10 Marie's Rock
4.50 Bad
5.30 Gaillard du Mesnil

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I just want Constitution Hill to win .... because that would be bad for the bookies.

And good for me.

Rdodge30

Dec 30, 2022
1.30 Supreme Hurdle

I will have a ( somewhat chancy) E/W bet on HIGH DEFINITION at 16/1. Jumping needs to improve but he could well be the class act in this race and may well get an uncontested lead.

2.10 Arkle Chase

I’m a big JONBON fan and will back him to win. This race will be run at breakneck pace and if you make mistakes in an Arkle you won’t win, even if the Irish raiders are of a similar class, Jonbon is still the least likely to make mistakes at high speed in my opinion.

2.50 Ultima Hcap Chase

No bet. Not my race. Haven’t had a winner since Marlborough and haven’t had a bet since Singlefarmpayment.

3.30 Champion Hurdle

I expect that CONSTITUTION HILL will be the highest rated hurdler of all time after this race. I will have Skybet’s to win by 15 lengths and over at 7/2

4.10 Mare’s Hurdle

EPITANTE is a huge price and it looks to me like Honeysuckle is not the force of old. Marie’s Rock was impressive last time but I’m backing Epitante e/w at 8/1

4.50 Boodles

No bet. Another race I struggle with and have given up on

5.30 National Hunt Chase

I will back CHEMICAL ENERGY E/W at 8/1, I watched him run out a 60 length winner here in October, likely the other horses didn’t perform that day but it was as impressive as it gets for course form.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Couldn't find a free to play fantasy game for this year but there are plenty of pay to play ones available out there,if anyone has any nailed on dead certs or lucky pins please post them here 👍

My fancy ( not tip) for tomorrow is in the first race 13.30 Inthepocket , if that places then a flutter E/W on Fils De Roi @50s in the 16.50

Apologies if horse racing isn't your thing don't bore the tits off people that do like it on here perhaps start your own thread about it thanks Hun x

fan you bounce the ITV6 thread ... I can't find it

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I like Threeunderthrufive in the 14-50 and that will probably be my only bet until the last race where I think Chemical Energy has a excellent chance to upset the odds on favourite.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Best way to make money out of this is be a bookmaker offering bullshit 'bonus' odds on Rachel Blackmore riding 8 or more winners.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
Oops disregard ,I thought you meant the NSC ITV7 league which is definitely still running

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lots of drunken Irishmen (and, to be fair, not just the Irish) giving young kids - especially the girls - trying to earn a few quid doing a temporary job in the bars and restaurants a hard time. A bit of groping, leering, abuse, just the craic - Yeh, a great annual gathering of splendid chaps.

Apart from the odd unfortunate one that gets shot for falling over, the horses get more respect than the young kids working in hospitality for minimum wage.

Dave Fishwick

Feb 28, 2021
London
Lots of drunken Irishmen (and, to be fair, not just the Irish) giving young kids - especially the girls - trying to earn a few quid doing a temporary job in the bars and restaurants a hard time. A bit of groping, leering, abuse, just the craic - Yeh, a great annual gathering of splendid chaps.

Apart from the odd unfortunate one that gets shot for falling over, the horses get more respect than the young kids working in hospitality for minimum wage.
Ireland will catch up with the rest of the Western world in 30 or so years

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Here we go again, can't believe it will be as good as last year but here we go....

Soft going which will make it hard work, showers aplenty during the week by the looks of it so the fast ground horses will be struggling.

Supreme - Backed Marine Nationale in the autumn at 25/1 and Facile Vega at 7/2 and 4/1 after he flopped. There was something very dodgy about his last run and I expect him to bounce back Today. Marine looks a proper horse and Barry Connell has talked him up since the start of the season.

Arkle - The top two look decent but I can't back either of them at the prices. The next two in the betting are the obvious EW bets with the others being 33/1 and bigger. Saint Roi 15/2 looks a better option to me despite unseating last time. He's won at Cheltenham over hurdles and I can see him staying on strongly up the hill to get involved.

Ultima - First of many pin job handicaps. My pin has fallen on The Big Breakaway 16/1 and last years winner Corach Rambler 7/1. TBB ran an absolute cracker to finish second in the Welsh National last time. He will certainly be staying on up the hill when the rest have cried enough. He's won here before and had two decent runs in graded races at the festival. Corach Rambler won this well last year and has been aimed at this. Only had two runs at Cheltenham and won them both.

Champion Hurdle - Will watch it, but not bet on it.

Mares Hurdle - Honeysuckle 4/1 has by far the best form in this race, IMO and she should be running in the Champion Hurdle. I'm not sure she's gone backwards its just that the younger male hurdlers have improved past her. I'm surprised she drifted yesterday but looks like she's being backed this morning. She won this three years ago and I expect her to win it again Today.

Boodles - Byker 13/2 has been my fancy for this since I started looking at the form last week. Looks like a proper Charles Byrne plot and his boy is well worth his 5lb claim. My other stab at this is Sir Allen 11/1 who has decent form in Ireland. His novice win in Naas is a race that has had three of the last four winners of this race too.

National Hunt Chase - Mister Coffey 11/1 looks a solid EW play here. More than happy to take on the odds on fav. MC was second in the Kim Muir at the festival last year and had a nice spin at Uttoxeter under Derek O'Connor as a prep race for this. O'Connor is one of the very best amateurs and it's hard to see this out of the places.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Here we go again, can't believe it will be as good as last year but here we go....

Soft going which will make it hard work, showers aplenty during the week by the looks of it so the fast ground horses will be struggling.

Supreme - Backed Marine Nationale in the autumn at 25/1 and Facile Vega at 7/2 and 4/1 after he flopped. There was something very dodgy about his last run and I expect him to bounce back Today. Marine looks a proper horse and Barry Connell has talked him up since the start of the season.

Arkle - The top two look decent but I can't back either of them at the prices. The next two in the betting are the obvious EW bets with the others being 33/1 and bigger. Saint Roi 15/2 looks a better option to me despite unseating last time. He's won at Cheltenham over hurdles and I can see him staying on strongly up the hill to get involved.

Ultima - First of many pin job handicaps. My pin has fallen on The Big Breakaway 16/1 and last years winner Corach Rambler 7/1. TBB ran an absolute cracker to finish second in the Welsh National last time. He will certainly be staying on up the hill when the rest have cried enough. He's won here before and had two decent runs in graded races at the festival. Corach Rambler won this well last year and has been aimed at this. Only had two runs at Cheltenham and won them both.

Champion Hurdle - Will watch it, but not bet on it.

Mares Hurdle - Honeysuckle 4/1 has by far the best form in this race, IMO and she should be running in the Champion Hurdle. I'm not sure she's gone backwards its just that the younger male hurdlers have improved past her. I'm surprised she drifted yesterday but looks like she's being backed this morning. She won this three years ago and I expect her to win it again Today.

Boodles - Byker 13/2 has been my fancy for this since I started looking at the form last week. Looks like a proper Charles Byrne plot and his boy is well worth his 5lb claim. My other stab at this is Sir Allen 11/1 who has decent form in Ireland. His novice win in Naas is a race that has had three of the last four winners of this race too.

National Hunt Chase - Mister Coffey 11/1 looks a solid EW play here. More than happy to take on the odds on fav. MC was second in the Kim Muir at the festival last year and had a nice spin at Uttoxeter under Derek O'Connor as a prep race for this. O'Connor is one of the very best amateurs and it's hard to see this out of the places.

Here's just the man I was hoping to see on this thread! I love watching Cheltenham but haven't a bloody clue what to bet on. Your tips left me in very good stead last year Billy.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Irish horses first 8 home in the Supreme, a sign of things to come?

Well done to those on here who were on Marine Nationale - looked a class act there.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Good start to the week, backed that in November And had some more today. Takes the pressure off anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here