Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What the actual f*** was that second half?!

I was in emotional tumult at half time...I don't know what the word is to describe what I'm feeling now.

That end of the match penalty/corner/goal kick thing feels like the 2023 version of that man utd after the final whistle penalty.

What was going on at the end? Who was kicking off? Sanchez was giving it some? To our players? Staff fans?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Except we didn't, we were shit on Thursday too.
We are running on fumes with players that shouldn't be anywhere near the first team yet because we have an unprecedented injury list. Seriously - we didn't play well on Thursday but they played themselves into the ground to get a win. What is wrong with some of our fans?

Jimmy Grimble

Disgrace of a refereeing performance. Complete f***ing moron.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Has there ever been a VAR recommendation that the referee should take a look at the TV replay that results in the on pitch referee telling VAR to F$¥@ Off
I wish I had not asked this question before our penalty/corner shout

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
We are running on fumes with players that shouldn't be anywhere near the first team yet because we have an unprecedented injury list. Seriously - we didn't play well on Thursday but they played themselves into the ground to get a win. What is wrong with some of our fans?
Because we have poor mental health and i'm angry, so i'm posting on here rather than harming myself or my loved ones. Thats whats wrong with me

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Our players need to constantly dive in the penalty box against Brentford.

At least, one or two of them would be penalties considering the state of Premier League refereeing ;)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bit disappointed with the subs today, it was just RDZ getting his best eleven on the pitch but i thought a bit more creativity in the subs would have been better. Adingra wasn't having a good game, Buonanotte was, I'd have left the latter on instead, and maybe withdraw one of the full backs then and go three at the back. But oh well.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Oh well, didn’t expect to get anything from that anyway.

Bored of talking about refs and VAR, need to focus on ourselves as to be honest, we weren’t great again today.

Really poor first 40 minutes and our defending again has generally not been good enough. Dunk’s idiocy at Forest certainly didn’t help and we didn’t create anywhere near enough quality chances in nearly an hour of football against 10 men. Appreciate the Thursday/Sunday thing and injuries/suspensions but definitely things to work on with the players we do have available.

zefarelly

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Whatever went on you just knew we were getting nothing from this game
I agree, which merely reinforces why VAR ( and whatever corruption may/may not be behind it) nust be scrapped.

the referees need balls, and they'll only get them if they're not being undermined by fuckwits and money launderers.

we also need to bring back linesmen, to work with the referee . . . Not just jogging jugglers doing f*** all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills