Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm in emotional tumult.
Before the game I was expecting a defeat. At 2-0 down and a flat performance from a tired, bare bones team I was at peace with the result. Then Buonnanote puts one in the corner and the palace prick Gallagher (how on earth is he the captain) gets sent off and suddenly there's that well worn feeling of probably forlorn hope welling up inside me.

God, how sweet it would be to beat this billion pound team, representing a f*** awful, clueless and classless club with a team so threadbare we're playing an 18 year old central midfielder at left back in only his fourth appearance for the club. And to do it from being 2-0 down? That would be incredible!

However, the realist(or negative nancy) in me thinks it's still a long shot. Chelsea will sit back and use their pace to get us on the counter. Would I take this scoreline at the final whistle if it meant that we didn't lose any more players? After 40 minutes I'd have taken the offer of a 2-0 defeat. Now? Damn you hope!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The good thing is we haven’t even used Mitoma yet so have more to offer

of course they do cover it - and not all training will be on the pitch either don’t forget
Just not much sign of it! When we get a free-kick in their half I assume it will either a) be played sideways/backwards, b) we'll be offside, or c) Dunk will miss.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
If sharing my opinion and then entertaining some good spirited jokes on me when whoever I’ve criticised plays well is worthy of a ban then what’s the point of the forum!
For people to get behind the team/players and not slag them off?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The correct Albion chant. Don't know what caused it but Up with this sort of thing

boik

I'm in emotional tumult.
Before the game I was expecting a defeat. At 2-0 down and a flat performance from a tired, bare bones team I was at peace with the result. Then Buonnanote puts one in the corner and the palace prick Gallagher (how on earth is he the captain) gets sent off and suddenly there's that well worn feeling of probably forlorn hope welling up inside me.

God, how sweet it would be to beat this billion pound team, representing a f*** awful, clueless and classless club with a team so threadbare we're playing an 18 year old central midfielder at left back in only his fourth appearance for the club. And to do it from being 2-0 down? That would be incredible!

However, the realist(or negative nancy) in me thinks it's still a long shot. Chelsea will sit back and use their pace to get us on the counter. Would I take this scoreline at the final whistle if it meant that we didn't lose any more players? After 40 minutes I'd have taken the offer of a 2-0 defeat. Now? Damn you hope!
It's not a billion pound team. Their starting line-up was only c 600 mill.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
For people to get behind the team/players and not slag them off?
Bore off pal, it’s all light hearted and spur of the moment, like most football fans. Don’t call for bans for others, we’re better than that here :)

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Someone needs to pop up a high looping strike towards Sanchez and the Chelsea goal so the Chelsea keeper can screw it up by trying to punch it out & let it slip by into the goal. That is Brighton's best chance at a goal.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Just not much sign of it! When we get a free-kick in their half I assume it will either a) be played sideways/backwards, b) we'll be offside, or c) Dunk will miss.

here is Veltman for example talking about a goal from a corner

Im sure I remember Brighton having bought on a dedicated coach for corners at some point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here