Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I think the criticism of the performance from a few is wildly misplaced. A point away at Chelsea(potential CL winners) is a great result for us and we might well have won the game. Great all-round team performance and we’d even rested a couple for Saturday. Pascal was great on and off the pitch as was GP who has often been slated by some for his lack of skills with the media. Dunky majestic at the back, Rob S calm throughout and I thought Mac showed some good touches too. Yes Webby was rusty but he improved and I thought BDB did a good job. Guess he may revert to CB on Sat but who knows with GP. Proud of our club - onwards and upwards(hopefully)!!!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
4th May 2018 Brighton beat Man Utd

Were they top four at the time? I don’t remember tbh, what I do know is that you have been bitter since CH’s sacking and haven’t made a single positive comment about the Albion since then that I have seen.

Another complete curmudgeon, there’s quite a few of you on here. Have you binned your season ticket?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure its that much about GP in this case. More about the philosophy of this "portlock seagull" - he just cant stand it when people are happy with what they got (like a point against Chelsea), because it makes a bitter man like him very jealous.

Portlock, you say? ???

Ahem.

I have him on ignore.

No idea why. Don't care. After all, I don't microchip my poo. Once flushed, It's dead to me :shrug:

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Why? WHY?!! This is what peeves me off about some Brighton fans, always settling for less. Why not believe we can go there and win? Why not get frustrated by missing golden chances late on to win all three points? West Brom put FIVE (FIVE!!) past them! Not saying we should and could follow that but when are we ever going to pull that sort of result off when fans are just so grateful for a nil nil all the time? Get out the drip tray and starting drinking man! And most disappointing of all tonight is we had the perfect chance to add the Cherry to the biggest footballing story ever. But no, we trot out another goalless feast and can’t hit a cows arse again with the worlds biggest banjo. So so so frustrating. Brighton and Bloody Hove Albion. Disappointing since 1901. Why win games when you can draw your way to safety (and your fans will be cock a hoop with). And if anybody says we’re still learning...

Need to chill out, just got our first point away to Chelsea....not too bad a result.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
We are now competing against the top sides in the European Super League, and we're not getting slaughtered. We've even beaten two of them - Liverpool and Spurs. Take a moment to digest this.

Jee whiz. West Brom slaughtered Chelsea 2 weeks ago. And before we get too big headed, yes we beat Liverpool...as then everyone else did in their worse home run EVER! But we also don’t beat teams in the bottom half btw, including at home with a one man advantage against the worst team in PL history. We bore draw often goalless our way to safety. And yet again we missed golden chances tonight. The mindset of our fan base really needs to get off its knees and start living on its feet, expecting to win a few games. Next season will be our 5th in the PL and we’ve yet to see a single season the likes of Reading, Bmuff, Wigan, Burnley, Watford and plenty others have/did. And before anyone mocks the fact they’re not there and we still are, all have achieved more as clubs so watch your disrespect of them!

Please Tony. For the love of god can we have some New Strikers and New midfielders who can score goals? Get rid Maupay, Welbeck, Percy, Connolly and Lallana and find yes FIND someone with those savings who can CAN put the ball in the net. It’s beyond a joke and I stopped laughing ages ago now.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
That’s two games that the Beeb website has written off as forgettable and I suppose a pair of goalless draws does appear that way. We’ve not played some of the champagne stuff we’ve managed in fits and starts over the season but that’s two hard earned points against good teams at the sharp end of the season. We went toe to toe with them and that’s great. Still loving The Potter Project.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It goes way beyond Portlock.

Many posters, some are very open about, still think CH’s sacking was a disgrace and that he’d being doing just as well as GP, if not better, if he was given Maupay, Lamptey, Webster, Lallana, Welbeck and Trossard.

That anger should be directed to the Board, but for some odd reason, instead those posters think GP’s all smoke and mirrors.

Not me btw!

Well, thats their problem really. Justice, TottonSeagull, THPP etc... too bad for them if they dont want to move on.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
We now hold our own against anyone, however well the opposition plays. As Potter says - small margins, and these are getting smaller. A well deserved point away to a top side. I’m not going to complain about that at all.
I for one am just looking forward to watching how we compete in this difficult run in. It should be a good test and an indicator for what we might achieve next season.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Jee whiz. West Brom slaughtered Chelsea 2 weeks ago. And before we get too big headed, yes we beat Liverpool...as then everyone else did in their worse home run EVER! But we also don’t beat teams in the bottom half btw, including at home with a one man advantage against the worst team in PL history. We bore draw often goalless our way to safety. And yet again we missed golden chances tonight. The mindset of our fan base really needs to get off its knees and start living on its feet, expecting to win a few games. Next season will be our 5th in the PL and we’ve yet to see a single season the likes of Reading, Bmuff, Wigan, Burnley, Watford and plenty others have/did. And before anyone mocks the fact they’re not there and we still are, all have achieved more as clubs so watch your disrespect of them!

Please Tony. For the love of god can we have some New Strikers and New midfielders who can score goals? Get rid Maupay, Welbeck, Percy, Connolly and Lallana and find yes FIND someone with those savings who can CAN put the ball in the net. It’s beyond a joke and I stopped laughing ages ago now.

Seriously Portlock - I thought we were magnificent tonight, just missing a goal.

Set-up superbly. Defensively solid. Comfortable on the ball.

We just lack a forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London

Mate, feel free to flame me but maybe get some Albion joy in your life. It's been a tough year. We're actually a pretty a good side. All those sides you've mentioned above bar Burnley are in the leagues below.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Were they top four at the time? I don’t remember tbh, what I do know is that you have been bitter since CH’s sacking and haven’t made a single positive comment about the Albion since then that I have seen.

Another complete curmudgeon, there’s quite a few of you on here. Have you binned your season ticket?

Bitter? Show me one post where I have been bitter? Doubting yes, but not bitter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, thats their problem really. Justice, TottonSeagull, THPP etc... too bad for them if they dont want to move on.

You can add [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] to the never happy since CH sacking to that list

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

You mentioned, 'beyond a joke' , nailed your own comments.

Jimmy Grimble

That was nothing like a Hughton away to one of the top sides displays.

We competed as equals tonight; there was no backs to the wall, bodies on the line defending.

There was some outstanding defending by us, but it was virtually all front foot defending with a proactive attitude. We were sniffing out the opposition all night, not inviting them onto us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here