Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
FFS. I posted this just a few minutes ago:

I'm going to call time on this Official Match Thread being used to conduct personal spats. The rest of us find it really irritating.

Thanks all.

Keep the personal spats off the Match Thread. Failing that thread bans will follow.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
But it does. Other teams do score goals. For example tonight’s home team conceded 5 at home against a team lower than us only last month

Interesting, thanks

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
FFS. I posted this just a few minutes ago:

Keep the personal spats off the Match Thread. Failing that thread bans will follow.

Hey, ever been writing a reply that you post BEFORE you read another that wasn’t there before you did?! Chill! Btw, if you’re moderating tonight can you deal with you know what please. Because if that ain’t an infraction, I don’t know what is. Especially when you’re threatening bans just for being boring. Ta. :)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I can’t. Sorry. The fact we’ve been shit for the other 120 years isn’t an excuse when we miss glorious chances like tonight. And why do we always have to do it the Albion way? Now we’ve a point, do we wait until 2141 for a win? Sakes, what’s wrong with doing a West Brom? A Bradford? Lots teams gone to Chelsea and win without waiting a millennium first. So typical of our fans to accept. Pathetic. Get off your knees and change your mindset. Stop being happy with boring draws and demand more. It’s inexcusable the volume of misses we’ve had this season whether against Chelsea or Newport County. To win matches it’s vital to have a winning mentality. Isn’t it about time Brighton fans stopped feeling like uninvited guests and start believing we can beat these teams? As West Brom comfortably did a fortnight or so ago even thought they’re almost certainly going down?

Think you are on the wrong Albion forum mate. This is the Brighton and Hove Albion fans forum. The West Brom Albion fans forum is elsewhere praising Dinosaur Allerdyce and his park the bus,leak like a sieve defense, hoofball tactics.

You'll find that 100% of the fans on 'your' forum would swop their teams position, squad, manager and owner for ours in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Got 2 (London based) Chelsea supporting mates and both said that they felt lucky to get a draw tonight.

A real compliment. Well done GPott and the lads, a very good performance and we took the game to them.

If we continue to improve next season as much as we have this season and last season, we'll be a comfortable mid table team. Proud to be an Albion fan tonight.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had had a bit too much to drink during the game and by the end I was the NSC equivalent of that loud lairy drunk in the pub with some of my comments last night :down:

I’d like to apologise to both [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] for the overly aggressive posts directed at them, [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] did try and stop me but like the pub drunk I brushed him off and carried on.

Sorry, feeling bad about it this morning.

Why? WHY?!! This is what peeves me off about some Brighton fans, always settling for less. Why not believe we can go there and win? Why not get frustrated by missing golden chances late on to win all three points? West Brom put FIVE (FIVE!!) past them! Not saying we should and could follow that but when are we ever going to pull that sort of result off when fans are just so grateful for a nil nil all the time? Get out the drip tray and starting drinking man! And most disappointing of all tonight is we had the perfect chance to add the Cherry to the biggest footballing story ever. But no, we trot out another goalless feast and can’t hit a cows arse again with the worlds biggest banjo. So so so frustrating. Brighton and Bloody Hove Albion. Disappointing since 1901. Why win games when you can draw your way to safety (and your fans will be cock a hoop with). And if anybody says we’re still learning...

If you have been watching since 1901 congratulations on surviving two world wars and reaching your world record age.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I had had a bit too much to drink during the game and by the end I was the NSC equivalent of that loud lairy drunk in the pub with some of my comments last night :down:

I’d like to apologise to both [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION] and [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] for the overly aggressive posts directed at them, [MENTION=4934]One Teddy Maybank[/MENTION] did try and stop me but like the pub drunk I brushed him off and carried on.

Thank you for your apology. No harm done.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

Luckily the pub had a far bigger idiot drunk to worry about! :lolol:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No classic last night but a proper professional performance. First ever point at the Bridge, history boys again

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I’ve been scrolling back the pages to find your stuff :) but not found it yet. There does seem to be a lot of angst on this thread which is quite a surprise. I enjoyed last night’s performance. A few dodgy moments in defence early on but Chelsea didn’t take advantage and those roles were reversed in the final 10 minutes. As is so often the case this thread would have been about 25 % shorter if Welbeck’s shot had gone in. I’m very happy with the point.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I came on this thread thinking that was a good point to win.

Apparently not.

You were 100 % correct. That was the kind of performance a lot of us thought wasn’t possible the way the team were playing in the pre Christmas period. We grew into that game and ended up the better team. We didn’t score but neither did Chelsea so any criticism leveled at us can also be chucked at them. Enormous progress in our composure and game management over the course of the season. I have no idea why this thread is so miserable !!!!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Good point last night. Considering rihgt up until the last kick of the game I still thought we were going to get none I'm pretty pleased with it.

Yes we could of won but then Chelsea should prob of gone 1-0 up in the first half. Thats football.

Any point away is good and one to a top 4 side is a great result.

Win on saturday and can really relax. Even if we don't then we still have points in us.

Be nice to match last seasons total. Progress points wise and season a success

el punal

Good point last night. Considering rihgt up until the last kick of the game I still thought we were going to get none I'm pretty pleased with it.

Yes we could of won but then Chelsea should prob of gone 1-0 up in the first half. Thats football.

Any point away is good and one to a top 4 side is a great result.

Win on saturday and can really relax. Even if we don't then we still have points in us.

Be nice to match last seasons total. Progress points wise and season a success

Six games to go, relegated Sheffield United up next, no reason why not. Our football definitely deserves a better return.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

No hard feelings Icy. It's only the really decent NSC posters who would even bother thinking about apologising.

Re-reading my post it could easily have been taken as a dig at Pottter and that's not what I meant - I was very impressed with how organised we were. I should have just said that.

UTA!

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Really good result last night - another point towards safety and another point towards consolidation.

Potter needs to keep this going until the end of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here