Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea v Stoke FA Cup

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Stoke are unfairly maligned at times IMHO.

Yes they have been a very one dimensional team in the past, and they still tend to go with the big guys up front, but they have their share of creative players, and aren't all about lumping it.

Arsenal can crap on pretentiously about their beautiful football all they like, but they haven't won a thing for several years which suggests it's not creating as many goals as it should, and thus they can't be that entertaining.

Very true but also how can a team coming up to the Prem spend £50M and compete with the top 16 AND play pretty football. As for Wenger I think he just tries to big up his players in the hope referees will give them the benefit in 50 - 50 tackles and to excuse his recent failure to win anything.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yes, yes, and YES.

This is what I mean when I say I much prefer watching the FL highlights on BBC to watching MOTD.

To fans of rather mediocre teams like us, every goal we score is something to treasure, an unexpectedly rare joy, a moment to be savoured just in case it's weeks or months until you see the next one. If I were to see Glenn Murray score at Withdean, I think my joy would be on a par with David Attenborough's on seeing a Blue Whale for the first time. Plus the added bonus at Withdean and a few resilient lower league clubs is that they don't ruin that precious, sweet, sweet moment by playing SHIT music the second the ball hits the net, reducing the crowd to vacuous clapping in the blink of an eye.

At Arsenal/Chelsea/United/etc it just seems to be a mild cheer, a spot of golf applause, maybe a couple of wanker signs at the away fans then back to reading the programme.

Its because Chelsea are not actually a proper football club

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wilkinson Own goal. Or Terry. Did you see the blonde girl in the crowd?

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Branislav Ivanović long throw from Chelsea.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A southern F A Cup this year with the last Lancashire clubs Bolton and Man City going out in the 5th Round, and the last Yorkshire clubs, Leeds U, Doncaster R and Leeds going out in the 4th.

MozzaaSCFC

The Stokie
Mar 2, 2010
Stoke-on-Trent
Stoke played under par today; wasn't out strongest XI either; 1st half we looked good for a draw; but then 2nd half :facepalm: didn't do anything until the 91st minute; O well not fussed don't do anything in the FA Cup; just hope we hammer Burnley on Wednesday night and be just another win from safety :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here