Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Chelsea v Palace in the FA cup semi final

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm a fan of BHA and could never support Palace.
No one has mentioned the ticket thing yet though. The FA will want a full house at Wembley and yet Chelsea can't sell tickets. So how will they get around this? Presuming they would have got 30K, will Wembley put these on general sale? Could they get the ST list from Chelsea and sell to those fans or is that breaking the law?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This is one where you treat the family to an afternoon out somewhere, turn the 4g off and try to forget it's happening. When you check the result in the evening, take the positive that a team you truly despise is out of the cup and the other one will be second favourites in the final

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
This is one where you treat the family to an afternoon out somewhere, turn the 4g off and try to forget it's happening. When you check the result in the evening, take the positive that a team you truly despise is out of the cup and the other one will be second favourites in the final

Best post on this thread.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Could they get the ST list from Chelsea and sell to those fans or is that breaking the law?

POTG - Queues on Wembley Way from the afternoon before.

An interesting issue, I was thinking along similar lines when Chelsea wanted the game at Middlesbrough to behind closed doors, could Chelsea fans have purchased ticket from the Middlesbrough ticket office.

The Chelsea ticket site is still off line for maintenance, the 5 minute job is taking a little longer,

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Chelsea to win 5-0, Mr Tumble to miss a penalty in the opening few minutes, and then to get sent off early in the game for complaining when he isn't given a free kick for falling over.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Ridiculous that Brighton fans are wanting Palace to win because of a conflict in which they and their supporters have had zero to do with and the owner will be long gone very soon. Is the media brainwashing really that powerful?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No one has mentioned the ticket thing yet though. The FA will want a full house at Wembley and yet Chelsea can't sell tickets. So how will they get around this? Presuming they would have got 30K, will Wembley put these on general sale? Could they get the ST list from Chelsea and sell to those fans or is that breaking the law?

What a horrible fixture, up there with the despot derby

Seems the government will decide regarding Chelsea tickets. My guess they will find a fudge to allow Chelsea to have fans

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/18011161/chelsea-tickets-fa-cup-palace-wembley/

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Chelsea could always just give them away for nothing to the ST holders

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
It's Chelsea all the way for me. They are in a different league to us - I know we are technically in the same one - winning Premier Leagues, Champions Leagues and everything else. The FA Cup is a "so what" to the fans as they've seen it all before. It's all about the PL and CL to them. Palace meanwhile, have never won anything of note and this is a big deal to them. I'd rather their fans stay miserable.

Either way, the fun is now well and truly out of the cup. Liverpool or Man City reserve sides against each other (Man city have massive fixture congestion) versus Palace or Chelsea. The underdog teams like Forest have all gone and that's what we've got left. I probably won't watch any of the remaining games.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Given it is the FA Cup and at Wembley, there really is no reason that the FA cannot sell the tickets to Chelsea fans , they have the infrastructure in place already. I guess the missing bit is how do they sort priorities etc, but the club should be able to share that data.

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
Weighing it up...

Chelsea: owned and financed by a crook; won everything; really obnoxious and arrogant fans.

Palace: tin-pot club playing in front of a collection of mismatched cow-sheds; no significant honours; embarrassing fans.

On balance I go for Palace to win the semi and then hopefully get pummelled 6-0 in the final.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ridiculous that Brighton fans are wanting Palace to win because of a conflict in which they and their supporters have had zero to do with and the owner will be long gone very soon. Is the media brainwashing really that powerful?

Part of the the reason I started this thread is because it interested me to see how foolish the comments would be. The prize for the most foolish goes to you.

I can understand people wanting Palace to lose (ordinarily the question wouldn't even arise) but to suggest that what is going on in Ukrain doesn't matter (media brainwashing) is pathetic. Of course it matters!

The issue of oligarch and nation states buying football is coming to a head. Not there yet, though.

So for me, a Palace win, followed by their humiliation at Wembley (by Liverpool), would be right and proper.

Edit - apologies if that's a bit harsh. It really is a bit of a dilemma though....the other reason for starting the thread.

Last edited:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
The issue with Chelsea selling tickets is a bit of a non problem isn't it. The sanctions prevent Chelsea from selling tickets, not the FA.
It shouldn't be too difficult for the FA to be able to sell tickets to Chelsea fans , if Chelsea supply a list of members- it may take a bit of sorting but not insurmountable, and lets be realistic, its likley to be Chelsea going to the final, so once in place the same system can be used twice thus reducing the costs of setting it up

Im trying to recall how we got tickets for our semi final, was it through the club, or Wembley?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Im trying to recall how we got tickets for our semi final, was it through the club, or Wembley?

Can't remember either (think it was club), but according to my facebook memories thing, I got my tickets three years ago today.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Semis and Finals are through the clubs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here